- designed to help you overcome all the problems experienced during the early days
- an emphasis on a solution that works for you and your child
- non-judgemental advice on how to switch to bottle feeding
- reassurance and guidance on issues like your baby's weight gain, feeding, crying or colic
- gives you the latest guidelines on things like how to store feeds and sterilise equipment
- written by an experienced midwife who has helped hundreds of women like you
"teach yourself Breastfeeding" will give you all the information, tools and support you need not only to start breastfeeding, but to continue in a positive and stress free manner. Rather than making you feel guilty or inadequate if you need to stop or if you face difficulties, it will equip you to cope with any eventuality - and give you non-judgemental advice on how to switch over to bottle feeding if necessary, and how to maximise the benefits of this. To stop you encountering any initial problems and getting discouraged, the book is focused on the earliest days, and equips you to cope when midwife or health visitor support is not immediately available. It helps you tackle problems like soreness and tiredness, gives you advice on returning to work, and reassurance for things that might concern you such as your child's weight-gain, colic or crying. With plenty of information on supplements, sterilisation and how to begin weaning, this is a direct, friendly and accessible introduction that will leave you feel positive about breastfeeding and encouraged to continue.