on 7 September 2012
I bought this as an experienced musician/guitarist on the strength of knowing a little about TCE's other products - their Polytune, MojoMojo and G-System which are owned by people I know. Previous to this purchase I had used Boss DD-3s or DD-5s so was looking to upgrade to the DD-7 when I saw a review on this pedal which suggested that this would be a good alternative. After a week of ownership, I am definitely not disappointed - this is a very flexible, easy to use pedal with a lot of cool features. I've yet to use the toneprint function but I would be confident that it does what it says on the tin; the rest of the pedal certainly does. I am using this pedal on my pedal board where it is powered through a Boss PSA and TU-2 pedal in a daisy chain after the usual stuff. Unusually for me I am putting a stereo signal in from my chorus pedal and out into two amps for a stereo effect. The panning is truly stunning and will become part of my tonal arsenal in future. One feature that I was really please to see on this pedal is the looper function - 20s in stereo, 40s in mono mode: I shall definitely explore and exploit the myriad of options here. The strum tap to set the tempo is a nice variation on a theme and, to my limited ability, an easier option than the traditional way of doing things.
It would be really easy to write many more pages about this pedal but I would prefer to wait 6 months as my only minor concern here is how it will stand up to gigs and rehearsals. Based on their other products I doubt this would be a problem but I am always a bit sceptical as to reliability when they cram so much in to something this small (it is about the size of an MXR Phase 90 or Pigtronix FAT OD).
on 11 March 2013
Solid design and build - tonnes of features and it sounds just like it does on the you tube videos - I was nervous spending this much money on a pedal especially as I'm just a home user, however it was a very solid investment. The looper is as long as anyone needs well worth a purchase.
on 24 July 2013
After quite a lot of research, I went for the Flashback and I'm glad I did. It does almost as much as my trusty old Line DL4 in a quarter of the space & weight on the pedal-board. The nifty tap-tempo facility is particularly useful.
Hot Rox UK always seem to look after their customers well.
on 19 August 2014
Bought this to replace my old Boss DD3. And what a delay pedal! Has every setting you could wish for and more. The looper is great for practicing your solos, but don't expect it for much else.
on 11 March 2012
A brilliant pedal for its versatility and sound, compact and also very handy to have a simple looper switch to jam on those world class riffs you have just invented. The toneprint (not tried it yet) idea sounds really good too but just do not use this pedal with a battery - it lasted for about 15 minutes use then the battery (duracell) died. You will need a power supply adaptor - not included - to be able to use this pedal for any reasonable amount of time. TC customer services told me this info after I had bought one, returned it, took another one and it finished yet another new battery in seconds flat. Would have helped if it had said it on the box...
on 3 March 2015
Very very good value. Excellent quality and offers lovely fine tuning control. The digital download thingy for new custom effects works a treat and easy enough for non techies to operate. Cannot fault.
on 30 May 2016
This is great, I use it every night fixed to a small cube amp and transforms the sound from the amp, very pleased and confident about buying other pedals from this company.
on 21 January 2016
TC pedals seem to generally get a lot of good press and reviews - that's why I brought this pedal - short of a Eventide or a Strymon these are apparently about as good as it gets... I'm not convinced.

As a delay it works just fine and has lots of nice features to swap around - similar to many other pedals it does everything pretty well and offers a lot of choice. But, its not perfect... My main gripes are:

Tap tempo - it works by holding the switch down and strumming in time with the music. I found this difficult to use and neigh on impossible to get it in time with the drummer.. Unlike a separate tap switch (like Boss do) which you can press anytime to fix the delays timing, you have to get in time before you start playing - we all know drummers are loose canons, so this makes it a naff way to get the delay working correctly. Its just not good enough.

Loop - Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but the loop doesn't work like a loop should - it leaves a gap in timing so it doesn't repeat straight away, when the loop ends it pauses then restarts. In my opinion it is useless.

Toneprints - This is a gimmick and great for setting up a delay sound you like at home, but its not serviceable when jamming or gigging and you look like a right pillock holding your phone in front of the guitar - give me a straight forward pedal any day, I mean seriously you can change the setting just as quick as you can with your hand so I can't see why Toneprint is really worth the trouble and doesn't always work first time you have to fiddle about. This is one of the main selling points and for me it is again not very good - its different and no other manufacturer has this feature, but maybe there is a good reason for this other than patents.

The hype around these pedals is a bit much for me. It is a good delay, the additional features seem new age but aren't as good as the old fashioned way and the loop is rubbish.

I personally think Boss pedals (similar price point) are a better option and they don't suffer from gimmicks that don't really add value. Don't be sucked into bells and whistles, a good old fashioned delay is possibly a better choice..
on 24 October 2015
Great delay love the effects on the pedal has so many uses but the loop isnt the greatest its the only effect i probably would not use
on 31 October 2014
Great pedal! Love the sounds I get from it. Not tried the custom tones yet but otherwise a wonderful device with clean sounds.