Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Jul 2008 04:29:09 BDT
Need I say more. I was not happy with anyone filling Rose's shoes but Tate has completely won me over. My only complaint is the price of the DVD....I suggest £30 as a more reasonable figure..(for me at least)

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Aug 2008 18:40:02 BDT
i know it sucks, over-charging us for our own british tv shows when over in the US they always gets everything at half the price they charge us.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2008 13:39:26 BDT
S. J. Pinder says:
im sure itll go down...soooooooon(cross fingers).

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2008 14:44:21 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Aug 2008 14:44:48 BDT
Customer says:
No. The Doctor Who DVDs take years to go down in price. Series two is still nearly the same price it was when it first came out!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Sep 2008 09:49:14 BDT
K. Simpon says:
The Box Set is in no way overpriced. If you bought the single disc releases you'd end up spending £78.00. The box set is charged at £70.00, so in reality you are getting an extra disc of confidentials, commentaries on all episodes, 2 Video Diaries, the Children in Need Special, Outtakes & Deleted Scenes and a 5.1 Surround Sound mix for -£8.00. That's a bargain to me, and Amazon is even selling it for £52.00. I don't know what you're complaining about.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Sep 2008 09:21:10 BDT
Last edited by the author on 19 Sep 2008 09:22:21 BDT
We're complaining about it because people don't want to dish out so much money on a 13 episode boxset - yes it has extra's but so what, other shows do and they don't charge excessive amounts like the Dr Who ones do. Besides i'm not sure people want to watch the extra's as much as they want the actual episodes. And the extra's are standard features anyways when you buy a boxset. You might have a higher income than others and not care about splashing out more but not everyone else is in the same posistion as you.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2008 07:45:24 GMT
S. Pemberton says:
Good point Toledo.

K Simpon
70 divide by 13. £5.38 PER EPISODE

40 divide by 22. £1.81 per episode

The latter is the average US TV show, normally. Lately they've switched to 20 though (Stargate sg-1 season 8 onwards, Battlestar Galactica's season 2+3, a few others too)

Considering that those US ones are being exported to here, customs costs ontop, but it is profitable for them. But hold on, UK shows that dont go as long get waaay over double the price.

Only recently have I seen the US tv shows' rrp go way up to the 50's and 60's. I once bought a dvd boxset at RRP last year. (only time i did, I think) and that was £40.
Ever since I swore not to buy a set if it was more than £25.
Because over £2 per episode is just ridiculous.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Dec 2008 11:44:26 GMT
Last edited by the author on 17 Dec 2008 11:44:47 GMT
American seasons are 24 episodes this is half as long and as much money. Wanted to get this latest box set for xmas for my 8 year old, but for what it would have cost I bought a second hand ds lite and games. More for the money I think you will agree.
Lets face it prices on these are high, maybe woolworths would have done better if they had rethought there prices I know it was expensive in there.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  24 Jul 2008
Latest post:  17 Dec 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Doctor Who: Voyage of the Damned, 2007 Christmas Special  [DVD]
Doctor Who: Voyage of the Damned, 2007 Christmas Special [DVD] by David Tennant (DVD - 2008)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (60)