on 20 July 2010
The photography in this book is very detailed and inspiring and if you can handle copying from a photo without too much guidance from the text then this book is perfect for you. However, I would have appreciated more detail in the instructions. The authour tends to rely on a lot of prior knowledge from the reader when she tutors you to "make X, make Y," without actually guiding you through how to make X or Y. But the pictures are its saving grace and give you some ideas if you are wanting simple, easy to make miniature food. For those requiring more sophisticated and detailed techniques I recommend "Miniature Food Masterclass" by Angie Scarr.
on 22 September 2011
I just received it this morning by mail.

I confess it wasn't quite what I had in mind: knowing there were only 48 pages, I knew it would unlikely enter that much in details, but this goes far bellow what I expected.
So if you like me are a complete beginner in need of a certain amount of support and step y step illustrated instructions, this book is not for you.
The introduction included in the book says it very well so I rewrite here: "Remember that the measurements given here are only a guide, and the projects themselves only suggestions."

The layout is always the same: 2 pages per project, one page being almost occupied between 60-90% by a picture of the final product, and the other page got listings of tools/materials and then instructions with few additional little pics.

Now, as you can see, I still gave it 4 stars, why? Well, for someone more accustomed with polymer clay, this book would be very inspirational and helpful, since if you already know the basics, just having written instructions and few pics is more than enough I believe. The projects are very cute and all looks very yummy too! :) Actually, it's more, it gives you the freedom to personalize them and customize them a bit as you want, since the projects really are only 'suggestions' and from that starting point you could make many more stuffs on your own, which actually seems to be the objective from what I can see, somehow.

A dedicated person, in spite of being a beginner, can make these projects with patience and time, but yeah, as for my personal needs, I'd like to be helped 'closely' step by step if only for my first items...so I guess I will be enjoying this book later on ^^
on 4 February 2011
Having read the previous reviews, I bought this book not expecting too much. However, I found that the ideas contained within are simple but effective, there is a step-by-step plus alternative idea for every project, and there are plenty of clear, bright photos to grab your attention.

The author assumes you aren't dim, and can follow basic instructions for the main project, leaving you to experiment for the alternative ideas (if everything was written out, you'd never think for yourself, would you?).

I previously bought the Artist Trading Cards book in this series, which wasn't a patch on this for ideas or for instructions. I surmise by saying this is a great little book to get you started in the Kawaii/Cute Food Jewellery craft! Enjoy!!
on 10 March 2011
This is a fun and fantastic book and you will have hours of fun with it. There are lots of projects for you to be getting on with which can be applied to different types of jewellery. I love this book and have made a few items out of here already. If you love fimo then you will love making these delighful items. A gret and a must buy.
on 6 September 2011
As others have said-

I ordered this book and was pretty underwhelmed by it. It has some very cute ideas and some of them are laid out well enough to understand what the author wants you to do. Others simply show the finished product with less than ideal instructions for making it. I don't regret purchasing it but probably will have to get another book to supplement basics. Would recommend if you want some cute ideas.
on 13 July 2010
You really do get what you pay for, this is a very nice but cheap little book, which does not detail how to make everything pictured - which is a great shame as there are some really cute little bits. The descriptions on how to make the items are very brief with not everything being covered in order to make the item just like the photo.
on 9 September 2013
Was a little disappointed with this book, such great pictures on the front but they are misleading as they don't shown in the book how to make them, which is very wrong I think because that was the main reason I bought the book, bit of a waste of money to be honest, My daughter wasn't happy :( wouldn't bother!
on 7 May 2012
I have just spent at least 2 solid happy hours with my 9 year old daughter and my 6 year son using up every scrap of our FIMO stock making some of the sweets and cakes featured in this book! We loved the book and the clear illustrations and we were all very inspired - a great way to spend a rainy day! Just the right level of difficulty for us as there was something for all ages.
on 8 February 2014
Great book for introducing a food concept to polymer clay. Projects really look like real food. Easy to use and fun to make. My kids love this book.
on 8 January 2013
Excellent book, good clear pictures. Had fun trying out the different designs and it gave me good inspiration for my own ideas.