on 10 November 2010
really I would recommend anyone at all interested in human behaviour and behavioural economics to read Dan Ariely's longer works, but this taster book presents self standing extracts from the bigger works and should serve to entice new readers. Dan Ariely writes well and on incredibly interesting original research. If anyone is tempted to think that humans are rational actors, then try this taster at least - and then think again.
on 11 April 2014
I was thinking of purchasing Thinking fast and slow, when I read a review that suggested that this book was an easier read. They were right, a really interesting book that was easy to read and to understand the concepts. There were clearly explained experiments and results which demonstrated his points. This seemed similar to the experiments in BBC Horizon programme on decision making, but in more depth. Try the sample and then purchase the book, if you are new to this sort of thing, this would seem a good place to start.
on 24 March 2013
It is worthwhile reading this taster to get the idea that the books seem very interesting. I will buy them!
on 31 October 2014
The sample was good enough for me to pay money for the book.