Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Shop Suki Ad Campaign Pieces Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now Halloween Pets Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Learn more Shop now

Format: Kindle EditionChange

on 1 January 2014
Task Force: Gaea {Memory's Curse} is the sensational, spectacular sequel to `Finding Balance'. Full of inspired ideas and remarkable creative vision this book is a breath of fresh air within a highly competitive genre, wherein the unexpected leaves you stunned. Having not read book 1 within this series and having never encountered this author before, I was sceptical and tentative upon approaching this rather supremely singular novel. Memory's curse was packed with astonishing fantastical concepts and unique characters, which leapt off the page with such vibrancy and unbelievable realism that took me by surprise. At times the storyline was so dense and cleverly complex that I did loose my way, and so I would next time read book 1 first before plunging headlong into this exquisitely detailed creation.

Gaea is a world of mortals and Gods. It is a place in which the zodiac signs present weighty meaning, and where a task force protects the Earth from the horrors of the Underworld. The delicate balance between animal, mortal man and divine God is constantly threatened by those evil beings that seek supremacy over all. Aegis, Zodiak, Aether and Talon are the operatives who try to maintain harmonius equilibrium and cosmic balance that is threatened by the Fates and Goddesses of the Underworld.
A sci-fi fest of epic battles and immortal blood that is exciting and totally thrilling!

Fast-paced and action-packed this sweeping masterwork took me on the most unforgettable journey into a world of wonder and deadly danger. The extensive background history of the world which the author has created, including characters such as the task force, the Gods and those other creatures from the underworld is wonderfully realised in such depth. This compelling, entirely credible story had me hooked from page one and despite being at a disadvantage of not reading book 1, I thoroughly enjoyed this magnetic tale which oozed such premise and innovative concepts. Including additional information on the Cosmos and a key to words, this brilliant book is one that I am so pleased to have had the chance to read.

4.5 stars

*I won a copy of Task Force Gaea: Memory's Curse by David Berger through a Goodreads, first-read giveaway *
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again