& FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.
Frequently Bought Together
Targus TAR300 - CLASSIC 15.6 CLAMSHELL NYLON - BLACK
Designed with simplicity in mind this is an ideal case to carry notebooks with screens up to 15.6”. There is storage for all those essential mobile accessories and a padded lining to protect your laptop which makes this an ideal cost-effective case. Features a riveted handle and removable shoulder strap with cushioned pad for improved comfort when on the move.
When I started working about 6 miles from home I made the commitment to bike to work but I needed to transport a laptop, lunch and other bits to and from the office. My usual running/biking pack was the wrong shape for the laptop and other rucksacks I had didn't afford any back protection against the laptop case.
After looking around loads of different backpacks I decided to go for this one mainly because:
- I needed storage for other stuff in addition to the laptop - I needed something that I could use when I wasn't on the bike i.e for train / plane commuting - It needed to fit the laptop snugly as I tend to travel off-road wherever possible - It needed to be durable due to the same off-road tendencies and was going to last
This pack ticked all of the boxes. I'm really pleased with the size and number of useful pockets which means I can store everything I need with easy access. There's the main pocket with padded laptop slot which takes my laptop and day book, a second large section which I use for lunch and change of clothes and you've still got the 3rd pocket for valuables, phones, cables etc. I've also taken it on a plane for a European commute and it fits inside the hand luggage dimensions easily. I've been using it daily for 3 months now and it still looks as smart as the day it arrived with no stretching or sagging of the material and the stitching is all still pristine.
The only thing I would suggest to improve it would be the addition of waist and chest clips to ensure it doesn't bounce around too much when going over bumps but this would make it less smart for more sedate commutes than mountain biking to work!
I got this to carry my laptop around university and to take it to lectures. For the price, this bag is absolutely amazing.
There are 2 zips which have a space to be locked together with a padlock if need be, once zipped open, there is a deep space for the laptop with a padded strap to keep it in place and a second velcro strap to really make sure it is kept in place. There is also a pocket to fit A4 paper documents. The front fold pocket has a smaller pocket in side which is big enough to hold bank cards etc, and small elastic bands to hold various pens etc. The carry strap is really sturdy and has a padded strap for comfort on the shoulder. Everything is perfect quality, I have used this for 7 months straight so far and nothing has come un-stitched or falling apart. On the bottom of the bag, there are small studs to protect it if it's put on the ground. I would actually pay a lot of money for a bag of this quality. It is superb and really strong. 100% would recommend for this price.
Was this review helpful to you?
I needed a bag to travel to and from university and also it needed to carry my laptop as well. This bag is perfect, honestly. It's not too bulky considering how much you can fit in it. I use the shallow pocket at the front for keys/headphones. The second pocket is big enough for pens, deodorant, laptop wires, usb sticks, a pencil case. It also has a handy netted pocket inside (this is what hold my usb sticks). The middle pocket holds my A4 folder and (currently) two A4 work books - this pocket also has a handy netted section in which I keep an A5 sized diary; don't misunderstand, this isn't all this pocket will hold, there's space for at least a few more books and also a folded jacket as well! The back pocket has the laptop sleeve, which is well padded on both sides and the bottom. There's also space in this back pocket for more books or other such items. Overall, the build quality is to a very high standard (as I expect from Targus) - The interior is a sort of camo green colour (not that this matters to me but some people may not like this). The straps and back of the bag are well padded and very comfortable to wear - and for me even a heavy load feels okay to lift as the bag spreads the weight (I don't know if this is intentional or not, it might just be me!) I thought the handle was in a bit of a weird place (it connects the two bag straps rather than sitting on the top of the bag) and I thought that its positioning would be uncomfortable, but so far it hasn't bothered me at all! There are probably other things I haven't mentioned, but overall I'm very happy with this bag and I'm sure it will last me my full 3 years at university and much longer! Definitely worth the money
Was this review helpful to you?
* It is relatively light and feels very comfortable on my back, event with 2 laptops, a tablet and other stuff. The rucksack seems to help distribute the weight well.
* It looks good. The black outer shell is tasteful and simple with a few touches of green to match the interior colour.
* Its made from recycled material and has been assembled with a high degree of quality.
* 4 different compartments means its great for organising stuff.
- The back compartment is designed to hold 1 laptop completely padded. This section has room to hold two laptops, although you will want to add a little extra padding at the bottom of the rucksack for the second one, or add a padded sleeve if you want to be sure.
- The middle compartment is great for holding a lot of paperwork, books or clothes. There is a large mesh pocket to separate cables, socks or toiletries.
- The front section is more of an organiser section. There is room for business cards, pens and other small items.
- The very front section is just a pocket, useful for things you want to get at quickly.
Things that I didnt like so much:
* There is only one side holder on the back that can hold a bottle of water, however it is expandable and should hold very large bottles so its not the problem I first thought. The pocket on the other side is useful however for holding a music player and there is a slot to pass through a cable for headphones and still keep the pocket zipped up.
Overall there is a good amount of space and the bag is of good quality. It is a great bag for a developer or student on the go. It would be good for a trip away for a few days or a long weekend.