on 30 November 2012
The pose library must be the best yoga idea ever. Shows you exactly how to do each pose. It's only on one side so you have to repeat the other side in your own time, but it's great!

There is a beginner DVD, which although I started ages ago, I still sometimes use. She always includes variations when she's doing it for people who are finding the poses too easy, and the same for those who are finding the pose too hard. There is a 50 minute bedtime flow on here which feels so good!

I also love the main dvd, which has 1 hour of STRONG and half an hour of RELAX. Both are great, depending on what sort of mood you are in.

My flexibility and ability to do each pose is improving daily and I just love these videos. They really are the ultimate yoga encylopedia.
on 23 March 2013
Really enjoyed the routine, Tara herself is a great teacher; she has a lovely energy about her. I had been doing Bikram and thought these DVD would be a good counter-balance, but I have decided to stop and start Tara's offer to be "my personal yoga teacher" see her website. I think after I will look for a flow yoga class so I can keep improving my practice as this is defiantly the kind of yoga I want to be doing for the rest of my life.
on 7 August 2013
I discovered Tara Stiles's work only recently via her YouTube channel, when looking for gentle (but still effective!) exercise routines that would help me get back in shape after delivering my first baby.
I was immediately captivated by Tara's fluid sense of movement, making all the poses and transitions between them look so elegant and easy.
I decided to get this DVD series to dive more into her yoga style (called Strala yoga) and I haven't regretted it! Two months after giving birth, one could hardly tell I was still heavily pregnant 9 weeks ago, and I started my daily practice only 6 weeks after delivering my baby.
Practicing Strala helps me relax in my body, and is happily contributing to tone my muscles head to toe.
Plus, the yoga encyclopedia (4th DVD) provides a nice reference manual if you are looking to improve any of your poses.
As other reviewers have already mentioned, the daily routine on DVD 3 is not 15 min (as stated on the back cover), but 30 min. Although this is the case, there is a point mid-routine where Tara brings you down sitting on your knees for a mindful breather. It's easy to stop your practice at this point if you're short in time.
All in all, great for both beginners and advanced yogis/yoginis looking to get back in shape after an injury, pregnancy or extended vacation from their yoga practice. Highly recommend it!
on 26 April 2013
Having seen Tara on a few youtube videos I wasn't sure about her voice, her yoga style and how I would like doing the same videos repetitively. It seems like a small thing but if you find your teacher's voice strange in yoga, you won't be able to stop noticing it. However I read all the positive reviews and got the set. I was not disappointed! There are so many chunks that you can dip in and out of the routines depending on how you feel and how much time you have. Plus Tara's approach is genuinely refreshing. As a beginner you do get tied up in what the right poses are but as you practise and get more flexible, you find yourself managing to do them and they feel right. At first I wanted to hold each pose longer (like more traditional yoga methods) but once I got into it, I can see the benefits of doing it this way. Simple instruction, a genuine teacher and lots of variety. There is also a selection of really hard routines e.g. the Strong 60 min flow. One negative thing is that the timings written on the back of the dvds aren't always right. But once you get to know them it's fine.
on 15 April 2013
I found great benefit from these exercises!
It's great to unwind and focus your mind as well as relax I like it.
on 14 February 2013
I'm a yoga beginner and I love the fact that this set has gentle workouts to get you started, but more challenging ones (the 'strong' ones) to try out and aspire to. It also has shorter (5 mins), medium (15mins-30mins) and longer (1 hour) sets to fit in with your day and how much energy you may have left. Although I'm only just starting out, I have been able to follow most of the workouts, as Tara always gives you gentler options and reminds you to work within your current capabilities without forcing your body to do anything it's not ready for- but your body will still be working to a sweat! I've been using this almost every day and look forward to every session ( which is saying a lot for someone as averse to most exercise!!)
on 25 May 2014
I really like this lady, shes very cross boarder yoga she dos'nt force a style of yoga on to you, she lets you choose this for yourself. She has a relaxing voice and is obviously very flexible. Her style is modest and not wild and crazy. She a girl next door type and very likable to all people even those with strong religious beliefs.

Her dvd's are fantastic, i enjoyed her 4th dvd the most where she explains how to do each pose rather than asuming you can just jump in and do flow yoga. I wish she would do more dvds!
on 2 September 2015
This is NOT Yoga. This DVD will very briefly show you how to achieve a wide range of asanas.

Yoga is not just about achieveing the flexibilty of a contortionist, Yoga is comprised of '8 Limbs' only one of which (the asanas) focuses on the physical aspect of achieving poses. For Tara Stiles to entitle this DVD 'This is Yoga' is extremely misleading, as it only deals with the physical aspect of yoga, and this is instructed in a very 'fitness class' way.

I think this DVD is attempting to be just a guide to help practitioners attain certain postures, but it even fails to manage that well. It moves far too quickly from one asana to the next, and only shows you how to do them on one side of your body, both of which facilitate the need of the pause button an immesurable ammount of times.

I practice Yoga for all of its amazing physical, mental and spiritual benefits - to me that is what Yoga really is, this DVD doesn't even come close.
on 18 April 2013
She is the best yoga teacher of ever, she let you reconnect with your self through yoga. I fully recommend.
on 6 June 2014
Great stuff, although this is for beginners I would say you need some experience. I have been practicing for a few months and decided to try them, they are a challenge but I really worked and managed crow pose!