Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 24 November 2015
I'm loving this. Great for practice, as an acoustic bass, but it's when it's plugged in that this guitar comes to life. I was originally sent the fretted version, but Fair Deal Music were excellent about offering me the (lined) fretless version. It's amazing to get such a great 'double bass' sound out of such a small instrument.

The built-in tuner isn't very good - don't rely on that. Mine registers the tones of the D and G string, but not the E or the A. I use my chromatic tuner instead.

There is some talk of the passive pick-ups being a bit quiet, but I find them to be quite satisfactory. However, I took this opportunity to purchase an MXR bass pre-amp pedal too, which warms the sound, provides an EQ and serves as a direct input (DI) for those times when I don't want to bring an amp along.
on 14 August 2014