4.6 out of 5 stars1,095
Format: Personal CareChange

on 27 September 2015
I have had my Tangle Teezer in Plum Delicious for over three years now. It has become the only brush that I use as it is wonderful at doing its job at teezing out knots. It is made out of plastic and is covered in numerous plastic pins in two varying sizes that weave through your hair. The product looks simple but it really is a wonder to use. Despite me having owned it for a number of years it continues to perform adequately.

I wear a human hair wig on a daily basis which is prone to getting knotty and a little frizzy. This small compact brush gets the knots out easily and quickly compared to other brushes which end up pulling out hairs and taking much longer. It helps the wig to stay straight, smooth and silky. I can also use this brush whilst wearing the wig as it doesn't pull on the hair and I don't experience any static build up - it also helps to use the brush with a bit of water sprayed onto the hair.

It is easy and gentle to use on wet hair, especially on wigs which you have to be incredibly careful with when wet. I recommend this brush if you wear any form of a wig or hair piece. I have also used the tangle teezer on my young nieces hair whom both have long hair. They love the brush, they don't find it painful and I purchased a brush for them to use at home. I would only ever use a Tangle Teezer on children's hair over any other brush as it really is a pain free experience for them.

It is very easy to maintain the brush and remove stray hairs from it. I wash it in warm soapy water to remove any dust that may be attracted to it. It fits easily in my handbag and it is shaped very ergonomically to fit in the palm of the hand.

The actual brush came as an idea to Shaun Pulfrey, a hairdresser with over forty years experience, in 2003. The Tangle Teezer was first shown on Dragons Den in 2007 and unfortunately it was turned down. It has been sold in Boots stores since 2008 when it began to develop a cult following in the beauty industry leading it to be available in a range of colours and styles. The Tangle Teezer continues to be manufactured and designed with the U.K. since its first design in 2007. Apparently 17 Tangle Teezers are sold every minute.
review image review image review image review image
on 4 October 2015
Brush that does not harm the hair. Easier to detangled the hair. Also it distributes any hair product evenly.
The elite version is slightly larger and curved than the original. Since I have a lot of hair I bought the elite.
I also bought the compact one for my purse. Check my comparison photos between elite and compact.
review image review image review image
on 4 April 2014
I personally think this is one of the best inventions since sliced bread! I buy a lot of things, gadgets and gizmos, but this is one I most definitely would not want to be without. To say I love this product is an understatement, I believe I currently have about 6 of these in different colours, my hair always seemed so unruly whenever I went to brush it I'd loose loads of hair. I do colour my hair, and this has saved my hair falling out previously from over bleaching. Its kind to your scalp feels a bit like a nice massage, can help you add volume if you brush your hair with it with your head upside down, it just saves on hair loss basically AMAZING. They will eventually wear out, the bristles get a bit worn over time, but I use mine everyday and they generally wear down after a year or two. Don't bother with the cheap copies they are nothing on the original and best. Buy one of these and it will be one of the best investments you will ever make, and you will wonder how you ever lived without it, I certainly do! Dragons Den definitely missed out!!!
on 2 June 2014
My hair loves to get into tangles and I just cant stand the pain of trying to brush my hair with a regular brush.
The teezer has helped massively, it sorts out the tangles and knots without pulling my hair out.

Also a must have if you have children with long hair
on 17 January 2015
I love this brush, I have straight medium length hair and it's qualities are amazing: doesn't t tug at hair, leaves a shine, makes the hair look really thick and, most importantly, easily gets knots out. Overall, it's a brilliant product and would recommend this to others in need of a high quality hairbrush. By an 11 year old girl.
on 27 July 2015
My family has some wavy/curly/frizzy hair, recently, my niece lost her hair brush and was adamant that she wanted a new expensive one from the local boots! Tech savvy uncle being myself was straight on to the matter and found this. After viewing a few videos online and reading behind the design of this brush i was sold. Needless to say, every female in the family now has one. From what i've been told it provides a pain free alternative to traditional brushes as well as tidying up their hair from frizz.
on 13 May 2014
When I first got this brush I thought it wasn't going to work. It's very light and you would think that the little flexible bristles were not going to be up to much. I was proved wrong once I started using it.

I will say that the size of the brush is smaller than I anticipated - it fits in the palm of your hand. It certainly does the job that it is advertised to do and I am very pleased that I decided to buy it. I use this brush every day after washing my hair and I do prefer to use it on wet hair.

I will give you a few of really small "but's". I do like to brush conditioner through my hair before rinsing, but due to the smooth surface of the outside of the brush, you would find it difficult to keep a grip of the brush as it slips out of you hand (because of the soapy conditioner). Using it on wet hair without any product in it is fine. A second small negative is the brush could really do with a strap so the brush stays in your hand better as the size of the brush is a bit small. Thirdly, I think the brush is over-priced so maybe look around for the same brush elsewhere. Don't let my negatives put you off, the brush does work :o)
11 comment19 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 June 2014
I bought one of these to reduce the breakage caused by snagging brushes, I have recently had hair extensions and the teeth on this little handheld brush doesn't snag on the bonds.
on 24 May 2015
I have been using my tangle teezer for just over two months now. I didn't want to review it straight away as I felt my review may have been inaccurate. My hair gets tangled easily and my normal hairbrush wasn't doing it justice and I had heard good things about tangle teezers so I thought I would give one ago. It is brilliant on both wet and dry hair. It almost effortlessly and painlessly removes all of the knots and tangles from my hair in no time at all. It's biggest downfall, and the reason I've only been able to rate it 4 stars, is due to the amount of time the thing has literally flown out of my hair mid-brush. This is due to the lack of grip on the top of the brush. All it needs is a small strip of rubber down each side and that would solve the problem. The other problem I've had is that one of the bristles looks like it is going to break off on one of the edges. But other than that, it is a great brush and if you have tangle-prone hair it's worth every penny - highly recommended product!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 May 2014
This brush (miracle worker) has made brushing my hair easier, faster, pain free and enjoyable. It is good for our hair because it doesn't pull lots of hair out like other brushes. It is pretty much pain free which means it is perfect if you have children with knotty hair. It is light weight so doesn't weigh you down and you can carry it in your handbag all day with no problem. There is a nice selection of colours also, I love the pink one and the sparkly purple.