on 14 May 2013
I have been trying to find a solution to carrying my DSLR kit consisting of body, 5 lenses, flash, tripod etc, as I can no longer can carry all or part of the kit in a backpack photo bag. Also when travelling on a plane, bus or train, as being an easy way to get to an assignment without breaking ones back, again. I also found this Speed Roller an excellent secure, safe bag to store the kit.

When I received it I was astonished how heavy it was to start with, but that is due to the very sturdy construction of this case. The cover opens sideways giving total access to the kit, which are placed in the bag which is divided by a centre bar ( I am certain made of metal ) and heavily padded and covered in a soft thick cloth to protect the kit. The row is then divided by moveabl divided ears, again well padded and secured with decor fasteners. One gets quite a few fasteners. The case is constructed like a safe, so will take some of the hard shunting that it maybe subjected too when travelling.

I could get all my kit in very securely bar my 36" tri-pod although the picture shows the case with a tripod attached. There are lugs to attach some kind of cord, but I can not see how it will stay attached tightly with swinging back and forth. The length of the inside lid has two large pockets for cleaning cloths, brushes, batteries eats. On the outside, is another deep pocket for other photography stuff or travel docs etc.

Overall this is a very well constructed case but one has to give up light weight. I feel the competitors are lighter, but are they this well constructed.
on 16 August 2014
A large and well-constructed set of compartments to hold camera & camcorder. Really good value