- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: W. W. Norton & Company (30 May 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0393703207
- ISBN-13: 978-0393703207
- Product Dimensions: 14.2 x 1.3 x 21.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,112,769 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Tales of Solutions: A Collection of Hope-inspiring Stories (Norton Professional Books) Paperback – 30 May 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Insoo Kim Berg, MSW, codeveloped Solution-Focused Brief Therapy and is Director of the Brief Family Therapy Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Her most recent books are Children's Solution Work (with Therese Steiner) and Interviewing for Solutions (with Peter de Jonge). Yvonne M. Dolan, M.A., a psychotherapist and consultant with a private practice in Denver, conducts training in the use of Ericksonian hypnosis and solution-focused therapy for treatment of sexual abuse throughout the United States. She is the author of A Path With a Heart: Ericksonian Utilization With Resistant and Chronic Clients.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
What is artfully communicated in this sparse volume shakes the traditional notions of our most commonly held beliefs of how we approach and treat mental disorders no matter how severe. The good news is that the linguistic assumptions, philosophy, and approach are readily teachable. Dolan and Berg should be inducted into the Mental Health Hall of Fame for giving us these lasting, golden memories deeply, imbedded in rich stories. Read, try this respectful approach, and expect to be moved.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services