- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd (27 July 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0140437568
- ISBN-13: 978-0140437560
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 2.2 x 19.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 594,615 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Tales of Soldiers and Civilians: And Other Stories (Penguin Classics) Paperback – 27 Jul 2000
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Tom Quirk is the Catherine Paine Middlebush Professor of English at the University of Missouri-Columbia. He is the editor of the Penguin Classics editions of Mark Twain's "Tales, Speeches, Essays, and Sketches" (1994) and Ambrose Bierce's "Tales of Soldiers and Civilians and Other Stories" (2000) and co-editor of "The Portable American Realism Reader" (1997). His other books include "Coming to Grips with Huckleberry Finn" (1993), "Mark Twain: A Study of the Short Fiction" (1997) and "Nothing Abstract: Investigations in the American Literary Imagination" (2001).