on 10 April 2001
Piercy tackles a series of company case studies using an accessable style that both managers and students will find appealing.
Whether you are seeking solutions to your own business issues or looking for material that underpins acedemic argument then Piercy's commentry will add value.
He attempts to capture the dynamics that are shaping the competitive environment concluding that the rules have changed and a new world order has emerged where the one constant is change.
Within this environment stories about individual business success are offered as blueprints for new models of business strategy. Meteoric falls from grace are also included as a warning from recent history to guard against complacency and short termism.
All in all a great read that helped me personally to the 70% mark in my Masters programme submission - highly recommended.
on 26 February 2001
This book helped me a lot with my Degree assignment. As I was tasked with an assignment on Laura Ashley which I was finding it difficult to do. As soon as I read the case study regarding Laura Ashley, I started getting a bigger picture of what Laura Ashley successes / mistakes were and soon began to start my assignment.
It is also a very interesting read on lots of other different companies in the marketplace who have gone through bad patches and made a recovery.
A easy to understand well written book, which I would recommend to read.