- Purchase any product from the Music Store sold by Amazon.co.uk and receive £1 to use on any music download in our MP3 Store. UK customers only. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
|1. YOU DON'T MISS YOUR WATER - WILLIAM BELL|
|2. GO HOME GIRL - ARTHUR ALEXANDER|
|3. THESE ARMS OF MINE - OTIS REDDING|
|4. STEAL AWAY - JIMMY HUGHES|
|5. MY ADORABLE ONE - JOE SIMON|
|6. YOU'RE GONNA MAKE ME CRY - O V WRIGHT|
See all 26 tracks on this disc
|1. YOU LEFT THE WATER RUNNING - MAURICE & MAC|
|2. I'LL GO CRAZY - DON BRYANT|
|3. RAINBOW ROAD - BILL BRANDON|
|4. THE ONE YOU CAN'T HAVE (ALL BY YOURSELF) - SHIRLEY WALTON|
|5. TELL HIM TONIGHT - WILLIAM BOLLINGER|
|6. A SMILE CAN'T HIDE (A BROKEN HEART) - OLLIE & THE NIGHTINGALES|
See all 25 tracks on this disc
|1. MUMBLE IN MY EAR - MARCELL STRONG|
|2. BREAKING UP SOMEBODY'S HOME - DENISE LaSALLE|
|3. TIRED OF BEING ALONE - AL GREEN|
|4. I CAN'T BE SATISFIED - SPENCER WIGGINS|
|5. GROOVE ME - KING FLOYD|
|6. SHE'S ALL I GOT - FREDDIE NORTH|
See all 24 tracks on this disc
* It's hard to contest any assertion that, while great Soul music was undoubtedly made right across America during the 60s and early 70s, the best of it was probably made in the Southern states - and, specifically, in musically-enlightened cities and towns such as Memphis, Miami and Muscle Shoals. Here are 75 tracks that collectively do everything that is necessary to uphold any such assertion.
* "Take Me To the River" chronicles the story of Southern soul, from its advent in 1961 to its apex in the early 1970s. Its track listing was carefully chosen to reflect and demonstrate every facet of the genre, and - we hope - to appeal to both long time collectors and those who we hope will enjoy it deeply enough to delve further into the genre's breadth of repertoire.
* The track listing embraces everything from million selling, international hits to 45s that barely sold enough to cover their pressing costs. Quality is the common link for the inclusion of all the tracks - although those who only hanker after rarity will not be disappointed by the number of `first time on CD' selections that are included.
* With a sumptuous booklet that is overflowing with rare photos, emphemera and label shots, not to mention extensive track by track annotation and accompanying essays, this is almost as handsome a read as it is a listen...
This product's forum
Search Customer Discussions