The original shocked the video gaming world by not only being a great first person shooter, but also an intelligent one. Now one of the greatest stories in interactive fiction is getting another chapter, with a sequel set ten years later.
The most literate first person shooter of 2007 returns
| The multiplayer mode features a completely different story and even developer |
| Will you save the Little Sisters or exploit them? |
| As a Big Daddy you can now venture outside of Rapture and onto the sea floor |
You play the original Big Daddy - a more independently minded prototype to the giant deep sea divers from the first game. The undersea world of Rapture has been taken over by the mysterious Big Sister, who has begun to kidnap children from coastal cities around the world.
A much larger range of plasmid powers are now available, as well as more standard weapons and the Big Daddy's iconic rivet gun and drill. The game's real conflict is emotional though, as you are once again forced to make a decision between sacrificing Little Sisters or protecting them and making your task even harder. Bioshock 2 will make you think, and not just about tactics. Key Features
About the Developer: 2K Marin
- Atlas shrugged: The award-winning story-telling of Bioshock continues with a new hero and a new threat in the underwater dystopia of Rapture.
- Evolve yourself: New plasmids, including new dual-wielded attacks, let you unleash amazing powers but at the cost of your humanity.
- Cry Little Sister: As the first Big Daddy you are far faster than the other lumbering giants, but equipped with the same weapons and the ability to venture onto the ocean floor.
- Big boss: Defend yourself against the constant attacks of Big Sister by setting up traps and ambushes, but always making sure you have an escape route!
- Separate lives: For the first time Bioshock has its own multiplayer mode - featuring a completely different story and created by developer Digital Extremes (Unreal Tournament 2004).
Although founded in 2007 specifically to create new, original games the first release from this Californian developer will be Bioshock 2. The studio is relatively small and designed to work with Take-Two's other developers, such as 2K Boston and 2K Australia in the case of Bioshock.