I am timber-frame construction carpenter (working outdoors, all day, every day regardless of the weather, and never under cover). We use these great sleeves to a) keep our knees warm, which helps prevent aches & injury, and b), even if trousers get wet when kneeling, knees stay warm & dry, and c) the combination of neoprene padding under our trousers means kneeling on bits of brick etc. is hardly ever felt...
These knee sleeves/supports/pads are really great for the price, but not so when a punitive p&p charge is added (as here). I would suggest you look to eBay for a cheaper source of the same product...
here follows the text from the packaging and their website:
Neoprene Support Compressive support for the knee, elbow or ankle
* Neoprene support * Effective warming support * Helps treatment and prevention of injuries
Sizes: available as Large, medium, small
KNEE SUPPORT: Measure around the middle of the knee joint. If measurements indicate two different sizes, then choose the larger size.
* Small 30-35cm (12-13.5") * Medium 35-40cm (13.5-15.5") * Large 40-45cm (15.5-17.5")
Condition: ONE brand-new in re-sealable storage bag
Shipping: 73g packed in a jiffy bag; 127g for two in the same bag
* Specially-designed to provide firm support and comfort, without restricting movement * Sports supports can help relieve the frustration caused by injury * Ideal for muscles and joints when stressed or sprained * For all sporting activities and everyday use by men and women
Washing instructions: Machine-washable for repeated use (30°)
* Specially designed to provide firm support, protection and warmth - for the effective treatment and prevention of sporting injuries * Neoprene rubber membrane helps retain body heat, bringing warmth to the affacted area and increasing blood circulation * Increase in blood flow accelerates the body's own natural healing process, relieving pain, swelling and stiffness - helping injuries to recover faster * Reduces the risk of new or recurring injuries by creating greater flexibility in muscles, tendons and ligaments * Effective warming support for the treatment and prevention of injuries to the wrist, elbow or knee e.g over-use injuries, sprains, strains and damaged muscles, tendons and ligaments
Part of the NEO Support System NEO Support System TRX Neoprene Knee Support (closed kneecap) What is it for?
Great for relieving knee pain in cold weather and features a closed kneecap section to provide extra therapeutic heat and compression. Provides mild support to help relieve knee pain and swelling. How does it work?
Neoprene offers the best possible combination of support, compression, heat retention and comfort. Provides a comfortable fit, therapeutic heat and compression which can ease knee pain caused by a knee injury or mild knee arthritis. When can I use it?
* Ideal for knee pain relief following a knee injury or where there is mild knee Arthritis. * Is especially beneficial where knee pain is worse in cold weather.Read more ›