on 13 July 2014
Arrived next day which I was impressed withand loved the colour. However, one of the padlocks I was unable to set with a code and the shackle seemed to have jammed inside the body of the padlock. I noticed there was a key hole underneath so I tried to unlock it with a standard suitcase key, and to my surprise it unlocks it. So this is not at all secure as anyone who has an ordinary suitcase key could unlock it.
I bought a pair of these as I am a regular traveller and often feel as though I am a magnet to a thief with no locks on my luggage. They're reassuringly weighty and thus far, I am pleased with their overall quality. The instructions it came with were unclear and I was unable to change the combinations for them - a cursory search elsewhere found me a brilliant video which demonstrated the process perfectly.
on 14 June 2014
I ordered three pairs (six) of these padlocks in green, as I wanted my suitcase to be easy to pick out from a luggage hold or conveyor belt. They all arrived on time, but one of the locks was broken. I emailed the seller, who within a few days sent me a replacement, free of charge (the customer service was excellent).

Now that I have six perfectly working ones, I can tell you that the locks are easy to 'reset' with a new combination, and easy to lock/unlock once you know the combination. They are all in perfect condition and the bright green really stands out among a load of black and grey suitcases (especially as I also have a blue luggage strap).

Good value - would recommend.
on 22 December 2012
looks nice but very fiddly to set up and broke after one use, gave the other to my friend again she had trouble setting it up and then it broke
on 7 September 2014
Set same codes for both and tested at home. Went on my travels and lo and behold. Code didn't work for one. Had to cut my bag open. Thanks Trixies. £170 Osprey bag ruined. Would give this zero star if I could.
on 27 March 2014
My boyfriend and I bought a packet each of these padlocks for our backpacks on a recent trip. While mine both worked perfectly, both of his jammed first time and made it impossible to set up the combination, rendering them completely useless! As we were at the airport when this happened we just shared the other 2, but definitely very annoying. Although my padlocks were fine I wouldnt buy this product again because they were unreliable and not that cheap. We chose to pay the money because we wanted the quality, but it definitely wasnt there!
on 9 June 2012
Solid feel to the lock barrels. Loop and locking mechanism feel slightly brittle. I haven't attempted to pull the lock open while locked because I don't want to waste my money in case I break the lock. It's a deterent as much as a physical security device. A determined theif will get in regardless of security devices but I hope this makes would-be-robbers look at the bag without a lock on it and bypass mine. Well what I really hope for is that people stop stealing from luggage but until that day, I will use these locks.

These are made in China - chinese is the primary language on the packaging. My wife is Chinese and on our multiple trips to Shanghai we've seen people shamelessly selling knock-off merchandise. I will not be using these locks for transatlantic travel but I might question the validity of the claim that these locks are 100% TSA compatible. Other reviews may give clues. US customs are notorious for cutting off/breaking locks and cutting zips of bags to get in and rummage through peoples' belongings so check other reviews for reports of this while using these locks if travelling to the USA.
on 15 June 2012
I got these locks as i was going away on holiday. They were cheap and looked fairly robust. They arrived exactly how i imagined. They are perfectly good padlocks useable for anything you can fit them to. I used both of them on my suitcase and hand luggage there and back and had no problems with them whatsoever. They are easy to set and reset and feel pretty sturdy too. Perfect purchase if in need of a couple of cheap and sturdy travel padlocks.
on 1 August 2013
Sturdy, well made locks. I'm not sure why the TSA should be allowed a key to my luggage (they seem to get away with murder over in the states when it comes to airport 'security') but at least it means they wont cut the locks off.
on 17 June 2014
Bought these locks for a recent trip to NYC when arrived they felt a well built and tough product. They lasted the trip as I thought they would, good well built product which I'm sure will last a long time.