on 12 July 2009
I bought this product for my little girl when she was around 9weeks old. She totally loves it! It is great because it allows for the volume to be adjusted aswell as having a daytime mode and night time mode. In the morning, i have the music quite loud whereas at night, i put it down as low as it can go. It has 3 different songs for the day mode and another 3 different ones for night mode. I always stick to the same one at night time so that my little girl realises its bedtime. After her feed, i put her into her crib, put it onto the timer mode for 10mins and by the time it switches off, she's asleep!! FAB! And if she gets up cryng at any point, the lightshow switches itself back on and she goes back to sleep. Means that i dont have to lift her out to calm her, she now has the ability to get herself back to sleep. I would defo recommend this product!
22 comments|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 May 2009
After much deliberation on whether to buy a cot mobile or light show, we opted for this. Our daughter finds the music very soothing and the light show grabs her attention as she drifs off to sleep. If she stirs the sound activation option kicks the music and lights back in to get her back off to sleep. Overall tha sound quality is excellent and the projected image on the ceiling is very clear. winner!
on 4 November 2010
My twins were born 14 weeks early and spent 5 months in special care. One of the toys that really helped to calm my babies was a Chicco Lullaby Light. When he came out of special care I decided to buy something similar (the item under review) and was so disappointed. The sound quality was terrible and the batteries were sapped almost immediately. Needless to say I returned it - thank goodness I managed to buy the Chicco toy second hand!!
on 7 March 2016
I cannot recommend this enough to tired and exasperated parents! Yes the tune is annoying after a while (but there are other options) but I simply don't care as the sleep it has provided is worth the annoyance a million times over. After a few tries initially with my 3/4 month old he was asleep by the end of the timed setting and then it comes on again if he stirs and 9 times out of 10 gets him off again. This does mean the tune can permeate sleep but when you wake up in the morning without having to get up a million times you simply don't care. Also, yes the batteries run down quickly but what is more preferable- saving the cost of a few batteries or a full nights sleep?! In addition - to those 'sleep experts' who will tell you they develop a reliance and can never sleep without it- horse doo-doo; my baby is now 8 months and has slept fine without it for several months. However, as you find out as a new parent, every battle you win you will have to fight it again in a months time or so. So, out comes our magic friend Winnie the Pooh for this latest sleep-strike. The fact that I can write this is testament to its fantastic-ness. It may not work for your baby, but it's worth a go!
on 6 April 2011
Bought this for my 7 month old son who absolutely adores it. He loves the various plinky plonky lullabies and on nightmode lying in his cot watching the light show on the ceiling. The nightmode with voice activation when baby cries is sure to come in handy in the future.

The reasons for 4 star rating are two things, the grinding sound when switched on as the pictures rotate. I did read previous reviews mentioning this but doesnt seem to bother my son at all which is the main thing. Also on nightmode the light emitted from the lightshow on the music toy could do with being less bright as when it is switched on in the dark it does appear to be very bright and my poor baby ends up screwing up his eyes in shock.

Overall a great product!
on 12 January 2013
I bought it because id gotten into the bad habbit of rocking baby to sleep and desperately needed something else to comfort her. Well it certainly worked for me. i only use it at bed time so i cant really comment on the day time mode. the projection on the ceiling is very good indeed, and i do like the fact it times itself out after about 20mins. saves the whole pretending to be some sort of ninja to click the off button silently as to not wake up baby. the only bad point i can see is that the volume doesnt really sound much different between loud and quiet mode, but that not really a major issue. on the whole iv found it to be a very useful product indeed. now all i need to do is work on getting her to sleep in the day time!!!
on 9 March 2013
Not for my daughter anyway, she's attracted to it like a moth. It sends my husband to sleep though! The music is lovely and soothing and the day and night modes are good but it could do with being quieter and dimmer. She loves the light show but nothing will send my little tot off to dreamy land that easily. Maybe some babies do drop off with this, lucky parents if they do! The voice activated feature is a little touch and go. She cried for a few minutes before it turned itself on then the next night she broke wind in her sleep, it turned itself on and she jumped out of her skin! Expect to change batteries every month too. It's nice but not the best buy for me. Fast delivery as always with amazon prime.
on 2 June 2009
My baby, 4 months, loves it. She is kept entertained while I have a shower etc which, as all new mums know, is essential. Its easy to install/use and the voice activation means that in the morning I can switch it on without her seeing me. I would definately recommend this product to other parents.
on 7 March 2014
Some excellent features, such as the timer and the crying sensor. The picture that lights up on the ceiling is lovely and it moves to hold their attention better. Unfortunately, the lowest volume setting was still a bit too loud for us and the batteries needed changing after just a week. It would also have been helpful to have the option to turn off the music whilst keeping the light on. My little one was entranced by the light though (although it has yet to entrance him when he wakes up wanting a cuddle every two hours between feeds). I am hoping it will lull him back to sleep when he's a bit older. Reserving further judgement until then and hoping to give it another star.
on 18 November 2013
My daughter is 5 months old and a nightmare to settle, she has a silent reflux and people who's baby's suffer with this know all to well that they are harder to switch off and settle after seeing the excellent reviews on this I thought what the hell I am desperate and what can I say it's a miracle I have it on the night time mode so when she wakes crying it comes on with music and a light show and it gently sends her back to sleep! The volume control however does not work so solved the noise level with a little Sellotape over the speaker and it's worked a treat, a lot of people have commented on battery use but in my eyes if it works then it's worth every penny!! X