Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Nov 2009 21:26:51 GMT
Is the dvd version of Star Trek : The Motion Picture in this boxset the director's cut or the theatrical version ?

Thanks.

Posted on 17 Nov 2009 14:04:41 GMT
Last edited by the author on 17 Nov 2009 17:39:18 GMT
No, sorry. Only theatrical versions... the original cuts seen in cinemas.

The Director's Cut of The Motion Picture (and extended The Wrath of Khan & The Undiscovered Country for that matter) are on the old 2005 box-set. That had 20 discs in it, two per film... unlike this which has just one each.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000B64VK8/?seller=A1NG61LZ178B0R

Posted on 29 Mar 2011 05:34:26 BDT
Paul says:
I watched the DVD directors cut of the Original Motion Picture and then the newer Bluray Theatrical release. Even though the directors cut has some extra footage and a full view scene of the V'Ger ship, I don't think people are missing out on much if they choose the Bluray Theatrical release. Like some other reviews I agree that the additional V'Ger footage takes away the viewers imagination into the sheer size of the V'Ger Ship. For me the additional footage actually made V'Ger seem smaller and less impressive to watch on screen. Nicholas Meyer made some interesting commentary over the Wrath of Khan Bluray. He stated that he does not agree with studios re release movies including additional cut footage. From his perspective if it was good enough to include the first time then they would have. Sometimes these additional scenes change the viewers feelings and perceptions of the final product which is not what the director intended.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  16 Nov 2009
Latest post:  29 Mar 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about