on 3 February 2016
Had this for a few days so I could properly test it. I feel like any time I get these devices it's never sunny! First, I charged it fully and then plugged the two USB lights in to drain it fully. I cycled this twice in case the battery needed it for memory (I couldn't remember if this type of battery required it or not, but it's been recommended on many other solar power/power bank devices). I charged the device to full one last time using power from the wall and used the device to recharge my cellphone and my gopro since those are easy devices to run the battery on. It charged my phone to full which is a 2900mAh battery and it charged my samsung note 4 to nearly full which has an extended battery at 3220mAh.

Now came the real test. If the Solar powered device would charge its own power bank. I've had bad luck with these in the past and the solar power would never actually charge the internal battery. I know it's supposed to take a while, but I've left smaller devices out for 2+ days in the sun and got nothing.
This one works, which is nice. It does take a long time to actually charge, but it will work.
So, the only downside I can see to this is that there are no rubber plugs to cover the charge/power ports, and there's no way to attach a carabiner clip (though there is a small location for one of those camera type wrist holders so you could get creative).The product also feels well built, though I'm not sure how much of a tumble it could take. It's not as if it could survive falling down a mountain if you're hiking but if it falls flat onto a rock or whatnot it might just be okay.
I received this unit at a discount in order to review.
on 27 January 2016
After owning a 6000mah battery charger some time I thought it was time to buy a new charger, although not as large (by 1000mah) I needed a charger that only needs to charge my phone a few times but remain topped up for long periods of time.

The solar panel on this charger is amazing, I expected the solar panel to take a full day to get my iPhone 6 from low battery to 100% but in fact only takes around 4 hours which is pretty impressive. The other use which I didn't anticipate I would find was the ability to keep my phone fully charged on a OK British day, this means you can sit out in the sun and keep the device plugged in and remain fully charged. The device also has a red LED to indicate the solar power charging efficiency.

The battery in this device is very quick to charge when plugged into a typical high powered charger which is handy for quickly topping the capacity up.

The charger is made from a nice durable type of plastic and really feels like it's been built with quality in mind, I would honestly recommend this to anyone!

Note... This did not come with a lighting connector (I would guess because of the expensive MFI programme) so please make sure you have a spare.

Product contains...
Solar Battery Pack
30 Pin Connector
Usb Connector
Micro Usb Connector

Disclaimer...

I have received this product at a discounted price from the seller via Amazon in exchange for a truthful and unbiased review. I am not connected to the seller or Amazon and do not receive any loyalties for writing a positive review or any penalties for writing a negative review. If you have any questions regarding this product please comment on this review and I will do my best to answer.
review image review image review image review image
on 20 January 2016
I purchased this as I have always wanted a battery charge pack that I could use when camping or on long day trips. With most phones not havent enough charge to last over 12 hours, one of these is essential on camping trips and no access to charge points.

The solar battery charger came well packaged and consists of the solar battery, a usb cable with 3 changable heads and instructions. One side of the battery has the solar panels whilst the other side has the power button and LED lights which indicate the current charge level.

I first charged up the battery by plugging the micro usb connector into the battery, and usb end into a usb plug (not supplied). Once charged i was able to charge up my phone from 45% charge to 95% in approximately an hour.

I have not timed how long it would to take to charge the battery using solar power, but i imagine this would take some time.

I recieved this product at a discount in return for my unbiased review.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 10 March 2016
This is a great idea for a product and as I work at festivals, thought that this would be great for camping. It's a compact and regular size for an equivalent battery source, reasonably light weight in black plastic casing that feels 'ok' but not entirely convinced it would survive countless camping trips. The battery charged my devices, phones etc without any issues; the only issue I had was getting it to recharge via the solar panel.
It does come with a cable to charge manually via USB to any powered device, like all the other batteries available but the USP to this is the solar aspect. I left it in a (reasonably sunny) window for 5 days, it recommended 3, but of the 3 power lights on the reverse it only reached 1 being illuminated. There is an on/off button on the back and the brief instructions do not clarify if this should be on or off or any other specifics to the solar charging. I was a little frustrated and tried different approaches but still couldn't get it above 1 of the 3 lights. I then used the USB cable and it charged quickly to full (3 lights) ready to use again.
I contacted the supplier and they were kind in returning my purchase price with no quibbles but didn't answer my question - how do you charge this properly via solar energy? This was frustrating, maybe it was a product fault specifically to my device only and the other reviewers may have different stories from their batteries, make your decision by reading around - it might just be me!
I did originally receive this at a discounted price for an honest review, I was given a refund, but obviously want to give an honest review. It's fine as a battery for your USB devices but based on my experience, I wouldn't rely on the solar charging facility.
on 19 February 2016
Over the years I’ve come across plenty of phone chargers of all shapes and sizes and capacities and they all vary in quality greatly.

This particular charger is very simple. It has 3 lights to indicate the charging status. These are on the bottom of the device which is a little bit awkward as to check the charging status you need to flip it over, not a massive deal I suppose.

The solar seems to pick up reasonably well; even in not so sunny Scotland! I would say it's more of a trickle charger so don't expect a full charge in a short time - days rather than hours, but this is very common. The whole device looks neat and smart and well made. It came with a little charging cable and three interchangeable charging heads for that cable. A mini USB, a micro USB and an older (non lightning style) iPhone or iPod charging head. For a newer item such as this I would maybe have expected a lightning charging tip which would have improved compatibility with the new iPhones.

Regardless of this your standard USB cable charger can just be plugged in anyway so there’s no need to worry about the included charging heads if they don’t fit your device as they are just a bonus.

In terms of capacity, I charged the device fully from a mains USB charger and I was able to get just under 1.5 (one and a half) charges of my Samsung Galaxy S5 which has a 2,800mAh battery (when new) and so I would say the listed capacity is pretty much in line with similar power packs at around 80% of the advertised capacity.

This slightly lower capacity is to be expected as charging from one battery to another is never 100% efficient due to having to adjust voltages between the batteries etc.

Overall I am very happy to have received a slight discount on the item in exchange for me to fully test and review it. I’d recommend this product if you don’t fancy some of the higher capacity devices which also tend to be significantly heavier. Also; as it’s fulfilled by Amazon it will be easy to return if you experience any problems.
on 7 February 2016
I got this item at discount for a test and review.
It arrived in perfect order being well packaged and protected.
I was rather surprised at the size of this power pack, I had one not so long ago the size of a small book and this one is a lot smaller, this one will fit neatly in your jeans pocket or coat, slip in a handbag and be almost unnoticeable, it weighs very little too. ideal for everyday use. Well as soon as I pulled it put of the packaging and pressed the button to see if there was charge it indicated it was charging by a little red light on the back and this wasnt in full sunlight, thought thats good as I was indoors away from the window with no lights on. Well I then plugged it into my PC to charge up, best to give it a proper charge fully and allow solar energy to top it up as you go Ive found. It works fantaastically well, have had it charged up on a reasonably sunny January day from 1 blue dot to full in about 8hrs. Which is good, admittedly there was charge still but for it to top up to all lights on which is capable of charging a phone fully is nifty especially ahen the energy used to charge was free. I love the solar aspect I keep it out in the open to let light charge it and always have it with me if out. I have used it often to top up my phone and my kindle both of which can be charged at the same time and each time after topping up there has always been some power left in the bank, and like I said I always leave it out to keep charging and if by the time im home and it isnt fully charged a little while plugged in to the PC just to make sure doesnt do any harm. It came with all the adaptors you would need to use for various types of phone or tablet etc and they all interchange on one USB chord which is nifty, after all who wants loads of cables in your pocket when a couple of adaptors will be less of a tangle however you will need a second USB cable if you are likely to need to charge 2 devices at the same time but as I keep all the original adaptors and cable in a zip lock bag its no great deal to add another small USB cable into it keeping the whole lot together, neat and tidy and waterproof, even the charger can fit in the bag too. Well I highly reccomend this little charger definitely especially for those who love camping/caravanning, Fishing, Hiking or for every other general day activity thinkable. It is perfect for use anywhere and will charge everywhere there is natural light even non direct. It is so light weight and compact (smaller than a normal mobile phone) that you could slip it in any sort of pocket, pouch or bag and be happy to know you have power reserves within reach at the ready.
on 7 February 2016
This is an effective, powerful and lightweight solar battery power bank. Although it can be changed by using solar power, it also comes with a charging USB cable. As there really has not been enough sunshine to charge this up using solar power, I have been using it by charging it via the USB cable provided and so this review is based on the performance of the power bank having been charged via cable rather than solar power. I hope to update this review to include how well it works using solar power once it gets a bit sunnier.

The power bank measures 12cm x 6.5cm and is 1.5cm thick and at 144grams in weight it is a good and portable size. The power bank took 7 hours to be fully charged. As it is charging there are three small blue lights at the back of the power bank that will light up. Each light will stay on once roughly 30% charge has been reached. Once all three lights have stopped flashing and are on steadily it means that the power bank is fully charged. I charged my mobile phone using this device and it took 2 ½ hours to charge it from 42% to 100% and there was still plenty of charge left to top up the charge on my tablet. Provided in the pack with the power bank is a USB port with three separate connectors that can be detached – an iphone 4 connector, a mini USB connector and a micro USB connecter. The micro USB connector also doubles up as the power bank charger. There is also a comprehensive user manual included in the pack.

This power bank has worked well for me and so I would recommend it. I am happy that it can charge up my tablet effectively as I have had some issues doing this with other power banks I have bought in the past. Thank you for taking the time to read this review. Please note that I received this product at a discount in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.
on 4 February 2016
The TECEVO SoPower Plus Solar Battery Charger looks solid and well made and it's packaged like any consumer product. The User Manual is clear and well-written and the charger comes with a nice USB charger cable with interchangeable connectors.

The LED indicator lights are nicely concealed within the case, only lighting when they need to. It's a pity the solar charge indicator is on the back because if it's sitting on a table charging from the sun you can't see the indicator LED.

I charged the unit up fully when it arrived, then used it to charge my phone. My phone battery is 2330mAh. The charger managed to charge it from empty to 71% so it's unlikely the internal battery is the 5000mAh as claimed. Of course usable capacity increases slightly with repeated charge cycles, but it's unlikely to double. That's not good, but at least it works.

For the second test I set up the solar charger facing south towards the sun and left it all day to charge via the solar panel. It's winter, so there is 5 hours of usable sunlight (10am-3pm) It was a fairly bright day; the SolarEdge readings for my house's solar panels shows better than average for this time of year (7kW for the day). I wasn't expecting the unit to be fully charged at the end of the day. I would have been happy with maybe 25%, but even my low expectations were disappointed. None of the three power indicator lights lit when I pressed the button, and when I tried to charge my phone using the unit it didn't even register as having a charger connected. Not even briefly.

Conclusion: The internal battery isn't as big as claimed and the solar panel doesn't work.

I received this product at a discount in exchange for my unbiased review.
This is a review of the product I received which may well be faulty.
If I find and fix a fault, or if I receive a working replacement I will update the review with additional comments.
on 2 February 2016

I received this unit at a discount in order to review.
on 1 February 2016
TECEVO SoPower Plus Solar Battery Charger Power Bank 5000mAh

I bought this product because i am out a lot and always in need of a charger for my phone/tablets etc. After having used this items for a few weeks i thought that i would share my opinion of it.

First of all the box contains the Power pack itself, a USB charging cable with 3 adapters. The additional feature of this portable charge is that its solar powered. On the box it says it'll take around 30 hours of sunlight to fully charge this, but we all know that it'll take a lot longer with British weather. This feature would come in hand in the summer with real sunlight for bit of extra juice, however if you use the USB charger it will full charge in about 4 hours or so.
The battery itself offers a 5000mAh battery, i found that it i could do 2 full charges of my iPhone 6 with one LED light remaining (Less than 30% power remaining).
The size of the Charger is perfect to slip into your bag or coat pocket without any problems, it has 2 USB outputs so you can charge 2 devices at a time.
The only downside is that the charger itself is fractionally slower at charging devices compared to other devices. However, all in all i would say that this is a great purchase and well worth the money. I find it perfect for normal day to day use when not accessible for a charger and would definitely recommend this product to family/ friends.

I did receive this product at a discounted price however this did not affect my review in any way.