on 7 January 2013
The product description on the Amazon website could be more detailed!
This product is flatter than it looks in the picture, and the top handle does folds down flat.
The CD/USB/aux-in functions work fine. The sound is quite acceptable at this price point and louder than I expected, however 'Boom box' should be taken as a relative term, as the two speakers are small and audio power output isn't even quoted! There is no headphone jack.
It also works from the mains or 6 x 'C' batteries in the base (I haven't tried this though)
However the radio reception is very poor, only the strongest FM stations are received with any clarity, the aerial is very short even when at full extent.
Build is OK, although the CD 'lid' is flimiser than I was hoping for, only time will tell how robust it is.
on 12 February 2013
This was bought for a baby's room, to replace a broken baby monitor that played music. It is fantastic sound quality for its size and price, very portable and robust. I like the feature that allows you to program CD tracks into it - very easy and intuitive to use and will stay programmed even when it has finished, meaning I can play those same tracks to my baby night after night. When I want to change the program tracks I can simply press Stop again, and program in a new set. I also have an MP3 player which I can plug into the USB port and play tracks from that whilst it charges. Excellent. I would recommend to anyone wishing to listen to music on the go.
on 23 February 2013
I searched high and low for cd player that could also take a memory stick. This fits bill brilliantly. My kids tend to sleep with their fave tunes or lullabies and as we've had the ocassional CD damaged by young hands the back up of a memory stick is great. This item is good quality and good value compared to others I saw on Amazon. I also purchased based on previous reviews. Very happy with this. My only preference would be to have memory stick slotted at the top of device and not at front.
on 18 April 2013
Good rich sound from such a small and reasonably priced unit.
USB port is a real bonus and supports up to 16gb flash drives with random ("mix") play. Good for a large music collection.
The radio is more sensitive than many in this price bracket.
Some sort of tone control is the only feature I would want to add.
on 22 January 2013
possitive----
1 easy for travel
2 great sound
3 easy run by USB
4 great connectivity with radio(AM/FM)
5 best thing great value for money
no negative reviews
on 24 February 2013
Nice a cheap, but you get what you pay for. Music through memory stick has not titles and no way of navigating except one song at at time in order. Sound OK where we are using it, but does not ooze quality.
on 17 October 2013
I needed a CD player formy audio books. This small & compact unit fitted the bill, plus the bonus of radio, which I wasnot expecting.
on 9 September 2013
When I looked at some of the reviews, I found some people complaining over silly issues. I decided not to listen and buy it. When I got it, earlier than expected, I loved the look of it. When I played it, I was surprised how loud it was. (not nightclub loud, but good).
I use it for my audiobooks really, I don't use it for music. For me, it is excellent for this. In terms of music, I have not really checked it, but some audio CDs have jingles or music and they sound VERY GOOD!
To wrap up, for audio CDs this will do very much as I can also leave in one room, turn up the volume and go in other rooms and still hear.
Please don't listen to those who say, the lid is flimsy, or it looked bigger/smaller/flatter etc. It is not true and they are just nitpicking and obviously able to create better cd players themselves!!
on 24 August 2013
A quality item at a very good price. It was purchased for my wife who loves the product. She says it has a powerful sound and yet is very compact. Thus I can recommend this product without hesitation.
on 19 May 2013
the good points are it plays mp3 from a usb stick and the sound isn't too bad, but it looks cheap and flimsy and is much smaller than I expected it to be, the radio reception is poor, probably due to the small flimsy antenna, i have seen much better quality ones with more functions at around the same price, I bought this in a hurry now I wish I had waited and looked around more.