Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 Sep 2011 22:35:07 BDT
I am looking to buy the DVD with the scene where they cut out the chip in arnies skull so they can switch on the learning capabilities of the processor.Any other additional features will be a bonus but which non Blu-Ray version should i buy.All help will be appreciated.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Sep 2011 08:33:45 BDT
J. Martin says:
Although I own the Blu-ray edition, in the past I have owned th Ultimate Edition DVD and that's the one I'd recommend as it has the Special Edition, which is the version you're after, and a load of extras too.

It's pretty cheap as well, just make sure you get the 2-disc edition to get the extras.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Sep 2011 18:45:36 BDT
Thanx a lot definitly works for me.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2016 05:47:03 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 May 2016 02:52:43 BDT
P. Stark says:
First of all, technically there are no Director's Cuts for any James Cameron film since he insists that the Theatrical Release Version does represent his wishes for the both the story he wanted to tell and is more likely to appeal to the general cinema-going public.

No matter how these are marketed alternate cuts of James Cameron films tend to use the term 'Special Edition'. Extra plot-points and character development for Home-Viewing.

I own multiple copies of T2 on SD DVD (mostly Region 1 US/Canadian imports) but did buy the 2001 UK Ultimate Edition DVD and I was annoyed it only had version 2 the Special Edition on it.

REGION 1 USA ARTISAN (2000) - NOT REGION 2 UK CODED
I prefered the Artisan Entertainment Region 1 Ultimate DVD with the three versions. A multi-Region Player is required to play this.
UPC: 012236109679
ASIN: B00004TRD8
Terminator 2: Judgment Day - The Ultimate Edition DVD (2000) with Three Versions of the Film [DVD] [1991-1993] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Note: This was released as both a flipper-disc (Film on Side A & Bonus on Side B) and later a 2 disc set.
Additional Note: On D1/Side 1 -
Highlight "Play Special Edition" on the "Main Menu" (the default selection) and press in sequence the numbers 8-2-9-9-7 (This is Judgment Day in US format). Some remotes may require you to hit Enter in between inputting the numbers. The words "THE...FUTURE...IS...NOT...SET" will appear on the right hand side of the menu in sequence, if you are doing this correctly. You will get access to the hidden Easter egg that is the Extended Special Edition. This integrates two additional scenes:
-The T-1000 searching John Connor's bedroom
-The Future Coda alternate (original) ending.
The Scene-Specific Archival Commentary also plays the associated audio commentary material with the scene if it is selected for the Extended Special Edition through the menus. Different comments for each ending.

REGION 2 UK
I originally bought this Region 2 UK PAL DVD release:
EAN: 5060021171009
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Two Disc Ultimate Edition) [DVD] [REGION 2 UK] [PAL] Special Edition Version Only R/T 147 Minutes [1991]

I got the embossed metal tin with mine.

After seeing Terminators 3-5 (Rise of the Machines, Salvation & Genisys) I now LOVE the 'Future Coda' ending. Although The Sarah Connor Chronicles TV series was excellent. Shame about the cliff-hanger season 2 ending!!

This 'Future Coda' Alternate Ending can be viewed in one of two ways on the UK Region 2 DVD set. Most people in the UK would watch the bonus disc for that scene. However....

On Disc 1
Highlight "Play Special Edition" on the "Main Menu" (the default selection) and press in sequence the numbers 8-2-9-9-7 (This is Judgment Day in US format). Some remotes may require you to hit Enter in between inputting the numbers. The words "THE...FUTURE...IS...NOT...SET" will appear on the right hand side of the menu in sequence, if you are doing this correctly. You will get two additional scenes:
-The T-1000 searching John Connor's bedroom
-The Future Coda alternate (original) ending.

REGION 1 (Artisan/Maple Pictures) - NOT REGION 2 UK CODED
Artisan re-released T2 again in 2003 as the Extreme DVD. This had all new bonus features "No Fear but what We Make" & "T2 on Set" Documentaries plus Extreme Interactive Mode Graphic Commentary (subtitle track) with branching behind the scenes footage. New running audio commentary with James Cameron & William Wisher.
REGION 1 (not UK compatible; requires Multi-Region Player)
UPC: 012236146285 (USA, Artisan)
ASIN: B000FDVOXO
Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Extreme DVD (2003) Theatrical & Special Edition Versions [Region 1] [NTSC] [US IMPORT] [DVD]
ASIN: B00008PC2O
ASIN: B00062J02Q
UPC: 057373172896 (Canada, Maple Pictures)
Note: On Disc 1 while on the Main Menu, highlight "Sensory Control" and press right five times. The words "The Future Is Not Set" will appear. Selecting them will allow you to view the original Theatrical Cut. Note, however, that the Audio Commentary and Interactive Mode options are not available for this cut.
The High-Definition Digital Copy on Disc 2 of the T2 Extreme Edition will not work outside North-America DRM/Geographical Restrictions apply.

Good luck.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  8 Sep 2011
Latest post:  4 May 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions