on 11 October 2007
Simply the best I have used - comfortable and extremely organised so you can find everything. I usually just have a laptop, charger, A4 Filofax, umbrella and rain coat and it's great hopping on and off tubes and buses without having to lug a wheelie bag up and down stairs. For those nights away it's big enough to add a couple of shirts, a pair of trousers, smalls and wash kit and still get it all in (RyanAir's) hand luggage. The only regret I have is I paid twice as much (though still think it's worth it!!)
on 30 September 2010
I travel for the odd 2 days and when I do I carry my laptop (and the usual collections of wires and plugs) along with a neat shirt folder (got from smartpack) and a sponge bag. To do this I use a back pack into which I can fit everything. Having had my last Samsonite one stolen (they don't make it anymore) I was looking for something that I could use for this purpose. My HP 15.6" laptop needed to fit in.

This back pack is perfect. My laptop fits (but only just). The laptop section is raised off the base inside so the bag dimensions are not a good guide. My laptop is 37.9cm wide and it fits but anything larger that 38cm won't. It is 25cm deep and there is plenty of room. It is 4cm high and you could easily fit one in that was deeper.

I sometimes have to carry two laptops and I can fit a second one in the same section at the back of the bag. There or a couple of day books etc. There is a netting section at the top of this area that takes the power brick and leads well. It sits above any day books/papers you might have in here.

Next there is a really neat pocket in the top for quick access. This pocket is quite large and is useful when flying to put in passport or anything you want easy access to on the flight. It is 18cm deep and about 25 cm wide. So you could fit a portable DVD player in there. There is a pocket for an ipod with an exit whole for the leads.

Next is the main storage section. A big open area that is at least 15cm deep. It has a pocket on the back to put paper in (about 1/3 of the overall depth but if you don't use it it collapses flat. This section has a stiffened floor that gives the bag its stand-up behaviour. It can be raised to allow the bag to collapse more.

I can fit my shirt packer and my sponge bag in here with papers easily.

next comes a smaller and slender general purpose pocket (about 2/3 of the depth of the bag). The a smaller pocket for pens, and all manner of things. There is even a swiss army knife pocket (not much use on a plane these days). I put my passport pens, boarding pass, etc in here.
Finally there is a further small pouch on the front.

As if this wasn't enough behind the netting pouches for water bottles etc on each side, are 2 small vertical zip top pockets. Again I can fit a power brick in one of these if I am carrying more than one laptop.

Overall the storage is very well thought out and useful. The zips run very smooth.

But comfort has been considered as well. The main carry handle is a steel cable riveted to the bag and it does withstand the bag being loaded up.

The main shoulder straps are wide and padded very well. This with the padded back, the lumber padding, the air gap down the back to ensure you stay cool and the perfect weight distribution makes this a very comfortable bag to wear, even on top of a suit.

When you stand it down is stays upright, even with pockets hanging open.

As I use this for business I didn't want it to look like I was about to climb a mountain and this bag doesn't have draw strings and clips all over it.

I have not yet found anything that is bad about this bag.
on 16 March 2008
I travel frequently and when Gatwick, my preferred airport of departure, started rigorously enforcing a policy of allowing only one piece of hand luggage on board a flight I needed to find a bag that would allow me to carry my laptop along with all the other paraphernalia that I usually take with me.

This bag has proved to be perfect. The laptop section just holds my 16" Sony Vaio (beware - a 17" laptop would be too large) along with cables and mouse, whilst the other large pocket carries documents and a change of clothes. A medium sized front pocket carries my chunky Canon digital SLR with attached wide-angle zoom lens. A top pocket is conveniently located and sized to hold my wallet, iPod and mobile phone. They even have a clever little hole through which you can thread your headphones to listen to the iPod whilst it is stored safely inside the bag. From the outside, a total of 8 external zipped pockets of various sizes and two webbed pockets is accessible, with a few more useful zipped webbed pockets hidden way inside.

The bag is comfortable to carry, robust, and you only have to look at it to see the quality. A really great bag and truly good value at the price.
on 17 December 2009
I just recieved this backpack today. I am not an easy buyer. I normaly do intensive research before buying anyting. I spent more than two months just researching about the best backpack that i can have for long time without problems. Swissgear already attracted me from the first moment but i also prefered to make research about other brands and i ended their again with swissgear. my only fair was that the bag does not fit my Dell Vostro 15.6 widescrean and swiss gear synergy was the 1st in the list but it is written everywhere that it fits 15.4.however, it did it and my Dell fits very well in the laptop compartement. apart from that i was really impresed with this backpack from all aspects. it is built like a tank and the first thing comes to your mind when you see it is "Durable". Lots of pockets, alot of space makes it perfect for overnight trips. most important is that it looks like normal backpacks and not those backpacks screaming "laptop on board".

Price was a big deal (i saw it promoted in shops for 95 euro) and Amazon was the cheapest ever with superfast and secure shipping to Belgium.

Highly recommended
on 8 February 2009
Wenger Swissgear Synergy 15.4-inch Laptop Backpack (Grey)

This is quite simply the best laptop backpack you can ever buy. At least 5 people in my company have it and they all agree. It can hold everything a traveling laptop user needs as well as loads of other stuff that any traveler needs. If you need a laptop back pack just buy this one.
on 2 February 2009
Wenger Swissgear Synergy 15.4-inch Laptop is the best backpack I've ever had! Everything in it has it's purpose. The different compartments are very useful. The build material and quality is excellent, the space is enormous (I fit in it 1 bodybuilding suit, 1 football suite, 1 15.4 inch laptop and some other gadgets). I strongly recommend it!
on 22 October 2008
Great quality bag, good amount of compartments that are a decent size, managed to fit everything I needed into it and it still feels empty.

My only issue is I have an Alienware m15x 15.4inch laptop and its slightly to big, the zip is very tight. I considered sending it back but have decided to keep it.
on 22 August 2013
Just got this bag after looking at Swissgear options to replace my ageing Port aspen backpack.
When opened this thing just screams pure quality. Materials are strong and rugged and leaves no doubt that it will last for some time.
In my opinion this is definitely worth the extra money over rival brands.
If you're in the market for a durable laptop backpack this should be in your shortlist.

***Update***

I have now been wearing this bag out and about for the last 48 hours in London and one thing about this bag that is quite useful is the "air flow cushioning" which helps your back to say cool.
I initially though this was just a bit of a gimmick but after wearing this in the middle of a London summer I can honestly say that it does help considerably, my back does not feel as sweaty as it did when wearing my previous back pack.

Very impressive design.
on 21 January 2009
well i bought this bag few month ago after a lots of research and now i realised that my search timing worth,Because the making of this bag is from so high quality that the people around can see it.there is a lot of space in there for charger,books,headphones,and some extra cables.well my laptop compaq presario C700 which is perfectly fit in it.I use to travel lot and this the perfect bag.and will last long as well.
on 25 March 2009
I would recommend this product, Since buying mine early January it has been round the world on 14 flights with no problems whatsoever. Plenty of room for laptop, loads of cables, camera and the usual stuff. Should last plenty more travels.Fits well into overhead lockers and easy to get laptop out for customs.