Price:£22.19+ Free shipping

on 19 July 2009
Unfortunately this soundcard is not as good as it looks. I bought it because it has a digital coaxial output, which, for watching films - assuming one has a suitable program such as powerDVD that outputs dolby digital - watching films is good, it works well, but the output quality is not excellent.
The bundled software does not allow a 5.1 or 7.1 output through the digital port for standard use - e.g itunes or winamp - but a 2 channel output only.
Also it is not EAX compatible. This is a huge flaw as far as I am concerned, it means that playing games such as Crysis, which really utilise the potential of surround sound, can only be played in a simulated surround created from a stereo output! I can't hear the enemies behind me!
Unfortunately as a result I am ditching this card after only having had it for 3 days. If you want a decent surround output for movies, music & games, buy something else.
However, if you want a budget card that will allow you to watch DVD's in surround, this will do the job. Just.