on 12 October 2015
I bought this boxset in December 2013 when Kennedy Kovit was a completely new name to me but I've loved Mandy Roth for over a decade. Then my kindle crashed, I lost my filing system and completely forgot I'd bought this collection until now (I've been reading ebooks for 12 years and have got over 7,000 of them), so I haven't read it yet. My review rating is based on the book in this collection I bought as a stand alone and read in July 2012, Simmering Seductions, which is no longer available as a stand alone ebook.

1 - Executive Decision by Mandy M. Roth

The bright lights of the big city called to Liz Rogers. Her best friend and almost roommate, Dale, helped her make the transition from small town girl to big time ad executive. They work together and nearly live together. For eight years he's been her rock, her sounding board. As Liz starts breaking off one workplace relationship, another one--that has been brewing since the first day she arrived in New York, blossoms--leaving her confused and concerned. She'd been burned once by love and isn't willing to risk her heart again, especially not to a man who was raised with a silver spoon in his mouth.

Dale Corbins has been in love with Liz from the moment he laid eyes on her. He knows time is running out, that one of these days she's going to come home and tell him she's fallen for someone else. When he finds out she's been sleeping with their boss, he decides it's time to take matters into his own hands. Unfortunately, winning Liz's heart isn't an easy game to play. It will take more than romantic gestures and sweet nothings to get the woman he loves. Thankfully, he's a very persistent man. But is this a game even he can't win?

2 - Crazy for You by Kennedy Kovit

Meredith is home again, ready to settle down in her small town and open the antique shop she's always dreamed of owning. She's had enough of powerful men trying to use her and wants to simply fade away from the dating scene and enjoy life. When she runs into the diner's new owner, she quickly realizes her master plan might have been premature.

Landry left life in the fast lane for life on Main Street. He's sworn off women for a while. They're nothing but trouble. Meredith is no exception. In fact, he's pretty sure she's not quite right in the head, but for some reason he gets her offbeat, whimsical behavior and craves being around it, not to mention she's smokin' hot and oozes sex appeal. It's hard to fight nature's pull even while chanting, "I've sworn off women."

3 - Simmering Seductions by Mandy M. Roth - 5 Stars

I originally bought this book in July 2012 and absolutely loved it. I was totally absorbed in the story from beginning to end and although some bits made me cry, it had funny bits too and a happily ever after which left me with a smile on my face.
Sometimes, it's possible to forgive but never forget. Can true love conquer all?

Devan Seward is in the process of starting over--moving to the big city and doing her best to move on from an ugly past. When she waylays "Mr. Right" in the stairwell of her new apartment building, she feels an instant connection to him. There is something about the tall, dark and handsome man that leaves her feeling as if she's known him all her life. Devan no longer trusts blindly, a hard lesson learned but can't seem to stop herself from confessing things better left behind.

Chef Kurt Holland is like a rock god in the culinary world. Cooking is his passion. His restaurant, E&E, caters only to the rich and famous. When a sexy blast from the past literally falls into his lap, he refuses to retreat like he did last time. No. Seizing the moment and Devan's heart becomes his ultimate passion.

Sometimes, it's possible to forgive but never forget and the web of hurt reaches out further than most realize. Second chances at first loves and shocking revelations leave Devan and Kurt fighting not only their true nature, but outside influences as well to be together, hoping love truly can conquer all.
on 4 September 2015
Executive Decision - This was my first non paranormal read by Mandy Roth so wasn't sure what to expect but as usual I was not disappointed!!!

Lizzie is a very engaging character, even though you do occasionally want to slap her for being so dense when it comes to men!!!! She's tough but wants someone to share her life with, though she can't see it herself. She has the best of both worlds, she sleeps with men to keep her libido in check but has an emotional connection and deeper relationship with her co-worker and best friend, Dale.

Dale is a lovable, witty and very female friendly character. He is just about living with Lizzie, they're like a married couple without having got married!!! The passion that starts exploding between them when Dale realises she is sleeping with their boss is intense!

Lies, secrets and undeclared love are never a good mix. I read this in one go and I loves that Charles, although a rival, was still able to see Dale as the better choice and was actually a nice guy, for a bed hopping, commitment phobe.

Hope to read more of these contemporary romances of Mandy's

Crazy for You - Meredith returns to her hometown after leaving her antiques job in the city. After another run n with her boss, who wants her to be more than his assistant. Why can't he just be her friend? That's all she ever wanted from him. She didn't lead him on like the other gold-digging bimbos!! Now she's back living with her dad temporarily whilst she sets up her own store. Her over-protective brother is the local sheriff and he's keeping a close eye on her. Mer is known for living in her own little bubble of reality.

When she meets Landry, the new owner of the towns diner, it's like having a new instant best friend. They just click and even better he has sworn off women!

Landry moved from the city to this small town to find himself and learn to be happy without the cut and thrust of the business world. He loves being around Mer, but she is constantly pushing his buttons and his ethos of swearing off women becomes his mantra when dealing with the very appealing Mer.

No spoilers here but I will say this is not your average rom-com book! Yes there are heavy dosed of fun and comedy but there are real heart-wrenching moments when we see what Mer has been through. How she was still standing I'll never know. I dare you not to loathe her ex by the end of the book! I will mention that the mosaic in her kitchen had me in tears!! There is a real sense of serendipity in the book and we see how some of the characters have met (or almost met) at major points in their lives.

Sexy scenes, pub brawls and sarky best friends, this book has it all!!
on 26 July 2015
Excellent box set . All three story where excellent have read Kennedy movie before and can't put them down this was my first one by Mandy and can I just say please please write some more it was referring good as well as being a little steamy in places but a good romance. Look forward to read more.
on 17 July 2014
I give this box set five stars because I really enjoyed all the stories. Each story was interesting and very readable from the first to the last chapters. This was a great combination of stories and all the authors deserve the five stars each.
on 20 February 2014
A varied collection in this compilation. Despite the fact that they are all quite different it made for pleasant light reading. A bit of escapism with a touch of spice. Good value and I am happy to recommend this.
on 30 December 2013
The beginning of the first story was great. The sexual tension between the two main characters was beautifully done. However the story ran out of steam before the end, became mundane, and perhaps dragged on a bit too long. The second story didn't quite make sense, and in both this one and the third story I found the dialogue confusing and quite hard to follow. It was particularly wearing in the third story where it was also hard to follow all the characters. That, plus the flashback sequences as well, was quite hard work.
on 26 January 2014
These are what I call good bedtime reading, type of books you could put down and go back to. Nothing too heavy but good reads
on 27 June 2014
great read, will look out for more books from this author or similar kinds of books kept me hooked till the end
on 26 April 2015
Some of the stories were better than others but on the whole a very good set of books and value for money.
on 18 August 2014
First story is truly brilliant, really enjoyed the read, the other two was ok