Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Sure Men Maximum Protection Antiperspirant Deodorant is a cream antiperspirant that you smooth onto your underarm and it will give up to 48hrs protection against perspiration. 48hrs!!! Two days worth! That's quite impressive. However most people have a shower or at the very least a flannel wash every day. So the 48hr thing is probably a bit of an overkill.

To use you just twist the little wheel at the base of the antiperspirant for a couple of clicks and smooth it on. The deodorant side of the product is pretty strong, so you really will only want a couple of clicks worth per armpit.

Fragrance wise, I have to say that I'm particularly impressed with the product. It does smell very good. Quite a 'traditional aftershave' kind of scent - but it really is quite pleasing. Both my wife and I like it, so I'm happy.

The product also includes skin moisturising ingredients which is never a bad thing!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 August 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This takes a bit of getting used to, if you normally use aerosols. It's a semi-solid stick in a twist up applicator and the instructions call for a couple of twists per underarm. It just doesn't seem like much when you see the little bits of cream poking through the top. It seems to work OK for normal daily activities but some days were a '3 twist' day for me and I felt confident that the cream would see me through.

I don't really suffer from major wetness usually so I can't comment on how effective it is on that score, but for still smelling as fresh at the end of the day as I was at the start I'd say it coped admirably and the scent is quite pleasant but not overpowering. The instructions say to put it on at night to give it a time to develop and start doing it's thing and not wash it off the next morning and that feels very weird to me but I went with it and whatever it's doing through the night seems to keep going through the next day. It claims to last 48 hours but I didn't get that long out of mine. I showered at night and reapplied ready for the next day and didn't wash it off in the shower the next morning. Maybe once I've used it for a few months and start to trust it and get used to it I might feel more comfortable with the 48 hour thing but right now I'm not there yet.

It's a greener product than aerosol deodorants and better for the planet so I'm going to be sticking with this deodorant cream for a while, I think. It's quite a bit more expensive than normal deodorant but with only a couple of twists per application (and if you manage to get the advertised 48 hour protection) it will probably last longer than your usual brand and save money in the long run.
on 5 August 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
How do you test deodorant well? How's about using it during a trip to London's tourist regions on one of the hottest days of the year? That's exactly what I did with the new `Sure Men Maximum Protection Deodorant Cream' - an extreme test, for an extreme product. I usually use roll on, so was expecting something similar with `Sure Max', but I was in for a surprise. It is more of a deodorant powder that is wet enough to apply. You click the wheel and a little appears at the top, applying the deodorant does not have the reassuring feel of a wet roll on, but it does seem to work.

Over the hot, hot day in London via public transport I remained as fresh and as pleasant smelling as usual (which is better than stinky, but worse than primrose like). The `Sure Max' is said to last 48hrs, but I am not going to go that long without washing and reapplying. However, after giving it a battering for 24hrs I can well believe that it can still do a job a day later (just don't tell anyone you ain't washed).

The only real misgivings I have with the product is that I can't tell if I have applied enough at first as it is so dry and hard to see. Also, with such power comes great responsibility, do we really want a world of people wearing uber-deodorant and never bothering to freshen up?
IS IT THE BEST
==============
Yes, I think it's the best Sure Deodorant there is.

VALUE
=====
For a little extra I thought it was good value. It's about a pound extra than my normal Sure product.

DEODORANT
=========
It does a great job of deodorising. With the familiar sure smell.

ANTIPERSPIRANT
==============
It recommends putting on before bed. It seems to penetrate the pits, in that even after showering it assists with 'perspiration'.

DOES IT COME WITH A TIN
=======================
No. Despite what some other reviewers have hinted at. There is no tin.

RECOMMENDED
===========
VINE VOICEon 15 August 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I gave my husband this deodorant to test while we moved house this month. It has been thoroughly tested as he cleared the attic during the midday heat of an english summer day and when clearing an overgrown garden during a typical downpour (during an english summer day..). As far as he is concerned, this is going to be his deodorant of choice from now on. It doesn't stain, applies evenly and without a mess, and smells good after it has been warmed to the body temperature of the wearer. Unlike many other products, this also seemed to genuinely provide protection and reduce wetness over the whole 48hr period. The tub is well designed, the mechanism to twist the cream makes a `re-assuring' click, (his words..), and the cream spreads easily and is not particularly sticky and absorbs quickly. Very difficult to fault, aside from an observation that inorder to make it more environmentally friendly, perhaps in future the tub can be designed as to reduce the amount of plastic used, although I am re-assured that it is all recyclable. An extremely good product and we will definitely be stocking up during our next shop.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 27 July 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Being someone who normally applies deodorant after my shower in the morning, it came as something of a surprise when it was recommended that this product be applied before you go to bed at night. It is something of a hybrid, not being an aerosol or a traditional roll on type. You twist the screw at the bottom two or three times and this pushes sufficient of the creamy deodorant up top to apply.

It does appear to be effective and the claim is that it builds up protection over a number of days. I particularly liked the fact that the container is a mere 45ml in size which makes it eminently suitable for air travel, since most spray deodorants appear to be 125ml or 175mil, way above the 100ml limit. It is not an overpowering scented smell but more a pleasant, background, soapy smell. This is a product which I liked and which has taken its place in my travel kit.
VINE VOICEon 2 June 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm always a little sceptical of skincare and hygiene products. I am also easily confused by products that say they work for 48 hours, yet need to be applied every day. However this product appears to work really well. The instructions are very clear that it is a night time application. It clearly takes a long time to sink in, as it has left a residue once or twice. I don't think it is significant in the way that female underarm products seem to wreck t-shirts, but be aware.

I've been on a few cycle rides during the week, and normally my family are very unsympathetic to the body odour I bring back in. Since I've bee using this product I've been accused of not trying hard enough because I don't smell as bad. I think there is a compliment in there somewhere, and it is for the Dove product, not me.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I found this did the job perfectly well, once I grew accustomed to it. It's not a roll-on, but a gel or cream which is applied to the underarm.

The manufacturer's literature is a little inconsistent, as you are informed that it should be applied either before going to bed or in the morning; it will be effective for either 24 or 48 hours; and you should use either approximately 2 or 4 "turns" of the screw, depending upon which part of the literature you are currently reading.

Having said that, it has a pleasant soapy fragrance, which appears to last throughout the day, and it seems to be an effective antiperspirant.

I would certainly use it again, but I'm going to wait to see how long this 45ml bottle lasts, before committing myself to another.
VINE VOICEon 14 June 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm very happy indeed with this product. I have used other makes of a similar product such as dryclore and triple dry which can be around the £7-8 price range and this product is as good if not better than those. I got this as a free trial but once I have run out I will definitely be buying it in future.

Firstly it actually has a nice smell to it as opposed to other products I've used which are usually odourless. That said, I always go with the option to use this before going to bed (two or three times a week) and then use a normal spray deoderant for fragrance every morning.

First impressions are that it is really effective. Not quite as comprehensive as the likes of dryclore but whilst that stuff leaves you bone dry in the armpit department it also seriously itches your skin through the night and leaves red marks in the morning (making me worry as to what it's doing to me!).

This Sure stuff feels a lot kinder to the skin - whether it's the delicate feel of the cream or the fragrance but you wake up with your arms feeling moisturised and fresh. It also, more importantly works well on controlling perspiration. I don't exactly have a massive issue but I started using these products when I found that under certain pressured situations with work I would get embarassing patches on my shirts under the arms (I do a lot of presentations and travelling to and from meetings/sales pitches).

One minor grumble is the design of the applicator - rather than a simple roll-on you've got a little dial which you click and it pushes cream out onto the applicator bit and you then rub it into your skin. This is perhaps vital to the consistency of the cream or the way it needs to be stored (perhaps it works better if it's stored in an air tight environment).....?

Overall though a really great product at a very competitive price. Some people have said it's too expensive but that is in comparison to "standard" antiperspirants whereas I would class this in the same market as the more specialist products which are nearly twice the price.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
In terms of preventing normal sweating, this seems to do its job very well; I don't suffer from "medical grade" sweating so I cant rate it for Hyperhidrosis or anything, but I walk to and from work - its a mile per trip - and I like to arrive feeling fresh (I power-walk and on warm days I sometimes feel clammy at the end of it!) And this does work in that sense.

The way you use it is certainly counter intuitive - you apply it the night before (!?) then on waking, shower and go about your day as usual. Now this both weirds me out and a little bit makes me uncomfortable; the clear implication is that the product "does something" during the night - maybe blocking your sweat glands or something - but to then survive a shower and still do whatever its doing - that makes me a little nervous. The fact this effect lasts definitely all day makes me even more nervous; preventing natural sweating cant be a good thing long term...?

Anyway - worries out of the way, the cream formula is nice to apply; it feels nicer on (and dries much faster) than a sticky roll on, and in terms of amount-of-actual-product-on-skin, is not wasteful like an aerosol. The smell however isn't great. Its sort of "dated" and a bit sweet and talcy, though fortunately its light - so I actual found Id use this then spray on my usual body spray anyway! And it seems to be only available in this fragrance.
I also decided to try the 48 hour claim to the limit and didn't shower for two days - and yep, I didn't smell or feel sweaty at any point; even with the mile walk twice a day on a warm day.

Im not giving it the 5 star action though because the smell isn't particularly pleasant, and Im still put off by the idea it plugs my skin up, so it hasn't convinced me to change from Dove for Men which smells nicer, lasts all day and feels lighter on. And is considerably cheaper. And definitely doesn't kak up my pores because if I decide to have a grundy sunday and give my armpits the day off, I can sense the ripeness approaching in the evening...

Maybe this is a godsend for the serious sweater, but nah - not for me

See one answered question