on 14 December 2012
Interesting read, the characters seem to be a little extreme but in that environment who knows what is normal. I found the depiction of South America as a land full of corrupt officials and exotic hookers a little stereotypical but it had the ring of reality. Overall, I recommend this book.
on 25 February 2014
opening story I was wondering what was going on but it got better, Enjoyable reading about different ports but thought the writer was a weekend sailor not staying too long in any ship.
on 13 March 2014
Not what I expected - very disappointed and lost interest within a couple of chapters, would not stop me considering one of his other books
on 27 March 2014
Book seems to jump about in the story, hard going but true to life, I am speaking as a retired Merchant seaman.
on 24 June 2015
At times quite hard to follow "just glad I didn't sail on junk ships like that" it brought back some memories!!
on 7 July 2015