Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 Jul 2007 09:51:13 BDT
Cottoboi says:
I love the Chris Reeve superman movies but i felt very dissapointed after watching number 4! The magic had escaped and the plot was dry. It was a failure to the franchise and if you ask many people they would reply, "There was a Superman 4?", yep! but nothing like 1,2 or 3. so was it really that bad?

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Jul 2007 14:44:52 BDT
Shaiya says:
Yes, it was terrible. Partly due to the fact that Reeve was involved in the writing and thus we had to endure a silly Nuclear Man/Arms storyline. But also the fact that the movie was originally budgeted at $36 million. Just before filming was to begin, Cannon Pictures slashed the budget to a mere $17 million. So, filmmakers had to cut corners by doing things like reusing special effects. As you will see, the special effects in this movie are bloody awful and a lot inferior to the 1978 movie!

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jan 2011 21:55:53 GMT
E. Von Ray says:
Yeah, I just watched Superman IV and I have to admit I could not stop watching it. Not like the first one, where it was so good, but because it was soooooooo bad. It was fascinating to see a film made a decade later than Superman the Movie but look like one made a decade earlier, it was so cheesy and had such awful special effects.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  8 Jul 2007
Latest post:  19 Jan 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions