Flavour: Vanilla|Change

on 7 July 2013
I have an ulcer, and as such, my tummy can be very tricky, but I can have this, even on a bad ulcer day, no probs at all.
I like the whole range of Warrior Blends, but the Natural one is great as there is no stevia, and for my palate, this is preferable. Natural version also allows you to add it to sweet or savoury drinks or soups, also allows you to self sweeten to taste, or add vanilla or raw cacao to your own taste too - what more can you ask for. superb, regular item for me. I often have this for breakfast - I add more water than suggested, then one frozen banana, one date and some raw cacao. i sometimes toss in a green superfood such as amazing grass too :-) superb.

THE FLAVOUR VERSIONS: When using the vanilla I add 2 bananas, and top the water up to 850ml, i drink one glass them refrigerate the rest and drink over the next 2 hours. I don't find the chocolate version overly chocolatey, its more vanilla with very mild choc.

THE BAG SEAL - arrives with the seal track bunged up with powder, so you need to run a cocktails stick thru it to clear the track and make the bag seal properly. NOTICE: No more bag seal woes - 2015 THEY SWITCHED TO TUBS!!!!!

!! RECIPE CHANGE !! In 2015 they switched to tubs and changed the ingredients here are there, for example some ingredients are no longer listed as organic or sprouted, salt has been added to a few of the recipes, as well as flavourings, extracts and dutch cacao. !!

UPDATE 2015 - Ingredients list below taken from details taken from Sunwarriors own site may 28 2016, so hope its of use.
PLEASE NOTE : As I write Warriorblend natural, choc and vanilla are missing from sunwarriors site and i am unable to update the ingredients for those.

2016 WARRIOR BLEND BERRY - organic pea protein, organic hemp protein, organic goji berry, organic berry flavor, organic guar gum, organic stevia extract, organic whole ground coconut.
2016 WARRIOR BLEND MOCHA - organic pea protein, organic hemp protein, organic goji berry, organic cocoa, organic chocolate flavor, organic guar gum,sea salt, organic stevia extract, organic whole ground coconut.
2016 PROTEIN VANILLA - Raw whole grain brown rice protein, Rice oligodextrin,Vanilla extract, Stevia, Xantham gum, ancient sea salt, Pectin,
2016 PROTEIN CHOCOLATE - Raw whole grain brown rice protein, Raw organic Cocoa, natural flavor (vegan),chocolate extract, rice oligodextrin, Stevia, Xantham, ancient sea salt, Pectin
2016 PROTEIN NATURAL - Raw whole grain brown rice protein
2015 WARRIOR BLEND NATURAL - Proprietary Protein Blend (Raw Organic Pea Protein, Raw Cranberry Protein, Raw Organic Hemp Seed Protein), Medium Chain Triglycerides
2015 WARRIOR BLEND VANILLA - Protein Blend (Raw Pea Protein, Raw Cranberry Protein, Hemp Seed Protein), Vanilla extract, unrefined sea salt, natural sweetener:(steviol glycosides), stabilisers: (Fenugreek fibre, Konjac fibre), Medium Chain Triglycerides
!! WARRIOR BLEND CHOCOLATE UPDATED 2015 CARTON !! - Protein Blend ( Raw Organic Pea Protein, Raw Organic Cranberry Protein,Raw Organic Hemp Seed Protein), Organic Dutch Cacao, Organic chocolate extract, organic vanilla extract, stevia, natural cherry extract, Medium Chain Triglycerides, ancient sea salt, herbal (tea leaf) extract, Natural Fibers (Fenugreek, Konjac) natural citrus extract.
on 19 August 2013
I make my shake with sun warrior vanilla,coconut water,almond milk and frozen fruits along with green vibrance.
Great in the morning,mixes well and is a good meal replacement.
Will be purchasing on a regular basis
on 1 April 2016
I really like this protein, but I find the best way to use it is not in a smoothie, as the texture is a bit grainy. If you do I recommend using plenty of soft fruit, yogurt and some kind of milk, to improve the texture. Personally I really like it cooked into porridge, it's sounds strange but it so satisfying and makes it feel so indulgent!

I think they did change the composition slightly over the past few years, and it does taste a bit more cloyingly sweet, which is a shame, however if you are mixing it into other things it will be less noticeable.

This is overall a great source of protein if you're a vegan or want to mix up the protein powder you use from the usually whey/casein. One thing I would say however, is that it is primarily pea protein (with a few extra ingredients); which is actually very cheap if you buy it unflavoured. This is quite price, in my opinion, for what it is so if you're not sure about it, it might be better to buy a small packet of pea protein and try that for a bit - you can buy vanilla stevia liquid quite cheaply too through Amazon so that would be a cheaper alternative.
on 13 December 2015
I was really dubious about buying this because of all the mixed reviews on taste! but im glad i did, as its not as bad as people make it out to be. i have tried so many protein powders over the years, and now i have gone vegan this is perfect and doesnt taste awful, (i have mine with water) plus i love the fact the ingredients list is tiny and not full of synthetic flavours & ingredients. gets a thumbs up from me!
on 26 April 2014
I have used this product for a while bought from a different source and when I tasted this one it tastes very different and there are no products details on the packet only on the outside box so I can't even check if it's definitely the right blend!
55 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 November 2015
Great product - blends nicely in smoothie and has a very good taste. The packaging in this picture is deceptive - the product is NOT organic and contains different ingredients than the ones shown in the pictures
on 17 November 2014
Perfect protein powder. It doesn't make you bloated like whey. It tastes alright.
It's only protein so you won't be worried about putting weight on.
I use it even when I'm not training and I start feeling drained.. Too much stress, too much work, too much rush rush. It brings my energy back without accelerating my heart like caffeine products.
My husband loves to run and was often feeling too tired. He tried to change his diet, introduce more protein and other type of food for people who is always training but only the food it didn't seem to be enough.
After he started on this protein he felt that his energie was back. He normally takes one scoop before training and another afterwards on the days he run.
He started to take maca powder every morning as well and he says that these two products keep him going the whole day. Best price around.
on 12 March 2016
Excellent, not really tasty on its own (cannot get over the pea taste), but my personal recipe for blender:
1 scoop of this protein
1 banana
200 ml water
Then it's a heaven for my taste buds!
Could be improved by 1 tsp of desiccated coconut (more milky/fatty taste) and a handful of raw kale (VITAMINS! and still very tasty when all together).
on 15 April 2016
Good points: it mixes well, not grainy at all, good for vegans and clean eaters.
Bad points: it tastes disgusting. Honestly, I'm not fussy at all, but this is terrible.
Someone suggested to stir it into your porridge but believe me you don't want to ruin your porridge with this horrible taste...
on 11 November 2014
Oh my this really tastes bad! I wanted a more natural protein powder to have in my breakfast smoothies - but even blended with blueberries, banana and almond milk this tastes disgusting. Honestly please try before you buy if possible, as I have a pretty high tolerance for things but this is horrid