on 27 September 2013
This is for our Rector. Being a Scotsman I had assumed that Scottish Malt was his desired tipple, Oh No! Does he like it.....you bet he does!
on 17 January 2014
Bought as a christmas present for my dad as I wanted to get him something other than the normal bottle of whisky. He was a bit hesitant when he opened it but was very impressed once he tasted it.
It is a darker colour than a lot of scottish malt whiskies but tastes similar to a speyside malt.
Definitely easy to see why the japanese are starting to create a reputation for producing good malts.
on 24 December 2012
This is one of my favourite whiskeys. It is a beautiful drink and I would highly recommend it to anyone who has never tried it before.

It is unpeated, so there is a nice clean taste.

Japanese whiskies are frequently voted the best, in the World Whisky awards each year.
on 10 March 2014
I bought this product for my husband who is a connoisseur of whisky (so he tells me!). Normally, we stick to the Scots whiskies, our favourites being Islay and Jura brands. The peatier the better! So for us to choose a Japanese whisky was unusual. We are so glad we did!

This whisky has a gloriously smooth taste and mellow undertones. It is easy on the palate and easily digested without the unpleasant after taste some whiskies can leave. And all that without a hint of peat anywhere.

The packaging is pleasant and delivery arrived within specified timescales.

Overall I am extremely pleased with this purchase. I can honestly say that my husband and I are now converted and will be indulging in more Japanese "nectar" in the future. Well done Suntory!
on 15 July 2015
I'm slowly getting into the delights of Japanese whisky. Tried a few Of the Nikka range and I'm a big Hibiki 12 and 17 fan. I have since found out I paid over the odds for this but that's due to a global shortage! And the shortage is simply because it's such a top whisky it's been selling like hot cakes. I think value for money in the suntory range, the Hibiki 12 has the most bang for your buck, but the slightly lighter, less plum tasting Yamazaki is s must try.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 August 2014
Love this whisky!!!, very strong and tasty. Me and my dad loved drinking this for his 75th birthday dinner, first time I've seen my dad get tipsy : )
on 16 February 2016
Unfortunately, although this "Scotch" is excellent, a pure and runaway mania has led to it being unobtainable. There are so many excellent scotches, I am not sure as to why any one make would reach such blown-out-of-proportion demand. Reminds me of certain stock market tendencies....excessive exuberance. I will move on to other more accessible and equally delicious brands and not lose any sleep over the complete disappearance of Yamazaki from all vendors. My guess is Suntory sees a marketing opportunity and is going to capitalize on it, big time. So many fools with so much money and so little common sense.
on 22 December 2015
A delightful whiskey.
My second favourite of all time.
Second only to the 18 year old from Yamazki
on 19 May 2014
Fantastic taste and great price. My husband loved his anniversary present.
Delivered next day through Amazon prime, my only criticism is that the outside of the box was labelled with the product, it could have ruined the surprise!
on 4 August 2014
Fantastic malt - it smells and tastes quite creamy with a hint of caramel. There's a nice warmth in the finish too. Not as tannic and dry as the yamazaki distillers reserve which I tastes recently.