An intelligent and accessible guide to handling your money in preparation for what is often called The Third Age.
Are you approaching retirement? Do you know:
How much your pension will be?
• How to trace pensions from previous employers?
• Whether you should take the lump sum from your pension scheme?
• What sort of annuity you should buy and what difference a good choice would make?
• How to rebalance your investment portfolio to suit life after work?
• Where to find good financial advice?
• What sort of insurance you need?
Your Retirement is a practical, informative guide for anyone nearing the end of their working lives. You do not have to be an expert in financial matters to take advantage of the opportunities available.
This guide covers an entire range of options including tax planning – how to make the best use of tax-exempt investments, how to avoid the ‘age allowance trap’ and how to plan for inheritance tax; how to use your home to provide an income; and how some people can improve their pension income by 10% or more by making one simple move.