Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 June 2014
After the quite brilliant "Light Up Gold", this follow up sounds like an angrier, less eager to please fingers up to anyone expecting them to go more commercial. Rawer and edgier it still compulsive listening and the guitar work is superb. Hip reputation secured!
on 5 June 2014
If you're hoping for the instant gratification and accessibility of 'Light Up Gold' and 'Tally...' then you will be disappointed. On first listen I was disappointed, but I stuck with it and now I absolutely LOVE this album. From the opening brace of punk inflected rockers 'Bodies...' and 'Black & White' to the slow and purposely repetitive 'She's Rolling' and 'Instant Disassembly' this record is a grower and a keeper. The title track, which at first sounded virtually unlistenable to my ears has grown into my favourite track on the album, Parquet Courts have expanded their palate very successfully with this record and I can't stress enough just how good it is.
on 4 June 2014
This is the first Parquet Courts album that I've heard, and I've really enjoyed hearing it on NPR First Listen. Lots of energy, quite danceable - if you like Wire or Television or Jonathan Richman then you might well enjoy it too.
on 19 September 2014
I hate to categorise but this feels like the Velvet Underground crossed with early Buzzcocks - and you can't get much better than that!
on 4 June 2016
Gutsy; melodic, exhilarating and delicious feedback!
on 29 January 2015