Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 4 January 2005
The expectancy for both Sweat and Suit to be better than their predeccesors was phonomenely high, and Suit not only meets the expectations but passes with flying colours. The fact that, to date, only 'My Place' has been released as a single adds to Suit's originallity. There is not three good tracks and then ten space-fillers, there are ten good tracks, two remixes (on to them later) and one dire song.
The bad first. The two remixes do no favours to the originals. 'Ride wit me' sounds like it has been mixed with John Mayer's 'No Such Thing', proving you can't breed a cat with a dog. 'Dilemma' has some annoying scratches, but it's bearable.
Then there's 'Paradise'. "I could be the one in her search for a man, and she could be the one in my search for wo-man" is just one of the bad lines in the worst track on the album. The song is soley about Nelly's conversation with Paradise (a women). It's a let down to say the least.
Enough of the bad stuff, we move on to what makes this such a good album.
'Play it off' features Pharrel Williams and is an excellent start, possibly one of the best songs on the album.
There's 'She don't know my name'- more upbeat lyrics, it sounds like a song inspired by Outkast, and it sounds good.
'N dey say' is about the struggle of life and features Spandau Ballet's 'True' (I think) as a backing track.
'Pretty Toes' is about girls, and then what did you expect from a Nelly album ?
'Woodgrain and leather wit a hole' is about a car. It's obscure subject aside, the song is actually pretty good. It also has a handy explanation at the start for the less educated.
'Over and Over' features the vocals of Tony Mcgraw, and is another contender for the best song of the album. It's the second single to be released from Suit in America.
There's 'Nobody Knows', another song about the struggle of life, and 'In my life', my personal favourite. Uplifting, fun and it has some sort of bongo drums in the backround.
Overall it's definately worth a tenner. One of the best albums I've bought, and now I can't wait for Sweat to come :)
on 4 September 2004
Nelly described the 'Suit' side of the album to be 'more of a grown-up and sexy vibe. It's more melodic, if you can think of certain songs like 'Dilemma' and 'Ride Wit Me.'
This album is full of slow and up-tempo beats and lyrics.
Nelly has devoted a whole album to the more 'RnB' side of his music which has some excellent stand-out tracks such as 'My Place' which features RnB singer Jahiem. This track has a really nice, slow hook with some catchy lyrics.
'Paradise' is also another good song with emotional lyrics and a good acoustic beat.
My favourite track on 'Suit' is 'In My Life' featuring Avery Storm & Ma$e, this track has a really good beat and Ma$e stands out with his great flow.
Overall, 'Suit' is a good album filled with some nice beats and good, catchy lyrics.
I'd reccomend it to people who like slower Nelly tunes or a mixture of Hip-Hop and Rnb.
on 26 November 2004
This is my first ever Nelly album and I am impressed, I will get a few more. My favourites were My Place, Paradise, Over and Over Again, In My Life and N dey say.Here is a review of all of them
Play It off - 7/10
Nobody Knows - 8.5/10
Die For You - 9.5/10
Ride Wit Me Remix - 7/10
Dilemma Remix - 6/10
A fantastic album the only 3 tracks I disliked was the two remixes, they've turned Ride Wit Me into a soul song, and Woodgrain and Leather wit a hole.But overall, a great album.
on 31 October 2004
I don't usually listen to Nelly but this album sure changed my opinion about him.
This is good stuff!!!
.Play It Off 5/5
.Paradise 4/5
.Nobody Knows 4/5
.Die For You 4/5
If you can,buy this album! You won't regret it :)
on 27 September 2004
Some great tunes on this album
My favourites have to be:
.She Don't know my Name-feat Snoop Dogg & Ron Isley 5/5
.Over and Over- feat Tim Mcgraw 5/5
.My Place- feat Jahiem 5/5
.In My Life-feat Mase and Avery Storm 5/5
.Nobody Knows - feat Anthony Hamilton 5/5
.Paradise is quite good too ! 4/5
on 18 September 2004
this is the freshest ,album i have heard in a long time,well worth the wait, it is jam packed with fab tunes, i have never really been a fan of nelly, until now,i hope sweat is as good as suit. nelly fans are in for a real treat with this album , every song is spectacular and unique , go out and buy it today you wont regret it
on 16 July 2005
I Love this album im not really into commercial hiphop or rap but i cant stop playing this album sweet was poor but this is trade mark stuff this album is worth the money its got some text book tracks but the one that stands out the most has to be n dey say trust me if you buy this you wont be dissapointed........
on 5 February 2014
Good CD, very good price and works well. Came with a few scratches, but what do you expect for a second hand CD.
on 29 November 2014
prompt service, fantastic CD thank you
on 10 July 2014