Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 June 2012
This CD is perfection. They changed their sound, but i personally am really happy about that. After all, who wants to listen to the same music over and over again? It would've just gotten boring. But i still love their old music too.
Honestly, all of the songs on this CD are perfect, and the the songs meanings are great too. The tunes are so catch, you won't ever forget them. This will always be my favourite CD.
I'm going to write about a few songs, and give my opinion. 1)Chelsea Smile- a song about regret, remorse and secrets. Easily relatable.
2)The Sadness Will Never End- A song based on Let The Right One in. This song has the clean vocals of Sam Carter and it works perfectly.
3)Suicide Season- This is my absolute favourite song. It's about 8 minutes long, but i can easily listen to it all without getting bored. This song is honestly perfection, it's so beautiful and heartfelt. I have actually found myself crying to this song on different occasions, but i'm not embarrassed to say that. If you have heard this song, you'll understand why i'm not ashamed to say i have cried.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 September 2010
I know Bring Me The Horizon are one of those bands that are popular to dislike and that a great many internet users have problems with the band's front-man Oli Sykes. Regardless, I came to the band with a relativly open mind assured that they would be the type of band that I'd like because I enjoy Hatebreed style bands, At The Drive In style bands and the Nine Inch Nails style electro moments (and if you enjoy these bands, please give BMTH a try).
This turned out to be a great suggestion, as Suicide Season has rarely left my stereo since I got it. Talented musicians writing interesting and inventive songs, what more could anybody expect or even want?
The album was definitely a grower and on repeat listens you get all the little touches, all the one off riffs will stick in your head and the gang chant vocals will shift in your opinion from something that is a bit cheesy and out of place to something to genuinely look forward to.High pitched vocals over drumming that uses the Crash Cymbal like a hi-hat and a lot of hardcore style brakedowns, is a pretty accurate way to describe every song on this record, with a few songs containing Death Growls and a few containing electro drums and effects to add a little variety.
Stand out tracks contain the lyrically intense 'Suicide Season,' which is eight plus minutes long and mixes the heavier stuff with the electro side and the very heavy and very catchy 'Diamonds Aren't Forever,' which contains so many sing along moments in its short duration it feels like half an albums worth of choruses.
Fair enough, the band may have inspired your dislike for the way the have acted, dressed or what they have said but just give this album an honest, unprejudiced listen and you will find a genuinely great modern heavy album.
on 1 March 2014
I'm a massive fan of Bring Me The Horizon, since my friend asked me to see them with her as Pierce the Veil were supporting. I love their music, I've heard so many people say that they prefer their older music as it was much heavier. I decided to try it out, I'm not sure it's quite to my taste, but then again it may just take some getting used to. There were a couple of scratches on the disk, but nothing I couldn't fix so I was quite happy with this buy.
on 6 June 2010
I bought this album on recommendation from a friend. I was reluctant to do so having heard their previous album and listening to something that reminded me of someone on a motorbike running over a duck.
Now I have to say, the majority of the tracks have some sort of structure in this album, which is always a bonus. The lyrics (once you have read the lyric book to tell what Ollie Sykes is singing) are rather amusing and witty, and there are some actual guitar riffs this time instead of just brutal strumming of strings.

I didn't actually like this album much at first, but it grows on you, once you become accustomed to the tone and singing style, you start noticing more and more things in their songs, and not just the noise provided before.

Now not all of the songs are hits, the first track almost put me off the entire album, and still does. But Chelsea Smile, Death Breath and Diamonds Aren't Forever are totally belting tracks.

Stay unique BMTH, I'm beginning to enjoy your works.
on 21 April 2013
Fantastic album from start to finish, my favourite BMTH album. A lot more catchy than Count Your Blessings and equally as heavy, I'd say a huge step forward for the band. I'm a fan of metal/deathcore so if you're like myself this is a essential purchase
on 28 January 2013
Im just stating my opinion that this is probably the best album they have done, chelsea smile is a brilliant song. I know this isnt particularly helpful but this is what i think, everyone neeeds to make their own minds up.
on 25 October 2012
The Comedown is the first track and it is honsetly like being punched in a sensitvie area , cracking start to an amazing album. The whole album is brill , really fun to listen to and has a lot of energy.
on 2 February 2014
Item bought as a gift, lovely item, the actual vinyl inside is white, but was well packaged and arrived within the expected period :)
on 10 April 2013
Suicide Season [song, not album] is a masterpiece. All lyrics are full of emotions, really touching. I highly recommend it.
on 17 May 2014
Great position for heavy music fan's. If you like this kind of music, you'll love it. If you don't like you avoid this CD.