Customer Discussions > Before I Go To Sleep forum

Suggestions please; I want to be scared witless

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Jul 2012 15:43:20 BDT
Sarah says:
I absolutely love a book that has me on the edge of my seat scaring the wits out of me, but recently there just doesn't seem to be anything about that will do the trick.
To give you an idea I read the Woman in Black and realised that's 5 hours of my life I'll never get back; my cat scared me more when she hissed at the dog.
I also really like stories to be believable and above all else well written. If anyone has any ideas please share.
Many thanks

Posted on 30 Aug 2012 12:03:52 BDT
Lauren says:
What about Stephen King? The Shining, Salem's Lot. His writing can be a bit cliche, but there are still good plots.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Aug 2012 12:08:11 BDT
Sarah says:
Hi Lauren. Both great suggestions - thank you - but as a Massive Stephen King fan I've already read them (I've actually read everything he's written that's been published so far). I've recently tried some supposed true stories and got lambasted for daring to differ on how scary they were compared to other readers, but will keep searching. Thanks for your ideas :o)

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Sep 2012 15:13:39 BDT
Shirjon says:
Asbo is pretty scary

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Sep 2012 21:22:41 BDT
Nick says:
Have you tried Clive Barker? His books are very strange and "scary" but also well written and subsequently convincing. I couldn't finish the' books of blood series' as they gave me nightmares, but then again I have a very vivid imagination!

Hope this helps

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Sep 2012 11:20:49 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Sep 2012 11:21:37 BDT
Sarah says:
Thanks Nick; will have a scout round the site in a bit and see what ones I can find :o)

Are there any in particular you would recommend?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  20 Jul 2012
Latest post:  5 Sep 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Before I Go To Sleep
Before I Go To Sleep by S J Watson
4.1 out of 5 stars   (2,653)