Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Sep 2009 13:10:41 BDT
Karon. says:
I have just read the white queen by phillippa gregory and loved it! I'm now struggling to find a good page turning alternative. Any suggestions?? Would prefer another great historical fiction/historical read...thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Sep 2009 08:18:43 BDT
Belladonna says:
Any of Sharon K Penman's novels are fantastic - all deal with the Plantagenet period from John through to Richard III and are very accurate historically. Jean Plaidy's novels are great page turners, though obviously they were written so many years ago that our historical knowledge is a bit more advanced - but her tudor novels are well worth getting your hands on. Diana Gabaldon's series beginning with Cross Stitch is absolutely brilliant and unputdownable - set between Jacobite Scotland, France, the American Revolution and modern times. Would also recommend Dorothy Dunnett's Nicollo series, and her Lymond chronicles. Hope this gives you some ideas! :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Nov 2009 00:35:22 GMT
I would like to suggest you read "The Lady in the tower: The fall of Anne Boleyn by Alison Weir. Although the book is non-fiction, it reads like a juicy novel. The book follows Anne's fall. It cover the four month leading up to her conviction on treason,and her time in the tower.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa484b0a8)

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  15 Sep 2009
Latest post:  20 Nov 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Lady In The Tower: The Fall of Anne Boleyn (Queen of England Series)
The Lady In The Tower: The Fall of Anne Boleyn (Queen of England Series) by Alison Weir (Hardcover - 1 Oct 2009)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (81)