Whether you are finding your way as a manager or you want to enhance the skills you already have, the Instant Manager series is exactly what you need! Written by leading experts, they are inexpensive, concise but above all authoritative guides to the subject at hand.
The portable format allows you to carry the book wherever you go and to fit learning and development into your busy work life. Based on the 10 most FAQs, each chapter ends with a quick tip that can be taken on board immediately. A tear out card covering the most salient points allows you to carry the expertise with you wherever you go.
The aim of this book is to enable managers to extend, strengthen and enhance their workplace communication skills. Doing this creates many benefits, including increased productivity, higher levels of creativity, improved job satisfaction and reduced staff turnover and absenteeism.
Written for aspiring or developing managers and built around the idea that workplace communication is a dynamic, interactive, lively and ultimately enjoyable process, it will tell the reader :
- what workplace communication is about;
- what the benefits of effective workplace communication are;
- how the ways and means of workplace communication can be chosen, planned and organised;
- how to successfully develop and use those ways and means;
- how to ensure that those ways and means contribute to his or her growth and development as a manager.