Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 January 2015
It calls itself "successful qualitative research" and whilst it is, predominantly it is about thematic analysis. That is one of the methods mostly used by the two authors of the book.

I read this book many times over the past few months to aid with the analytical process in my doctorate. Whilst I was confident in my methods, this acted as an aide memoir. A very useful book for anyone doing thematic analysis in their research - guides you nicely through the process.

Whilst it has been stated by some critical health psychologists that using an overtly formularised methodology as prescribed in this text adulterates the entire qualitative process, if you want to pass your degree then it can be helpful to evidence why you did what you did, and this book facilitates that!

I'd recommend it.
on 10 May 2014
This book provided a simple, clear instruction and explanation which pretty much saved my life when I did an in-depth interview study for my masters dissertation (my first attempt at qualitative research). I would definitely recommend it.
on 18 February 2015
This wonderful book should be compulsory for every qualitative researcher and actually every quantitative researcher, who will immediately reconsider their stance.

Personally, I'm a mixed methods girl - but that's only because I was quantitative until I bought this book. Braun made a convert of me.
on 15 February 2014
This book is very easy to understand when explaining Qualitative research methods. it's quite a complicated subject, however, this book has helped me to make more sense of it!
on 19 February 2014
Very useful book for masters thesis. This helped me through the confusion of qualitative research methods. Would recommend to others
on 22 June 2015
A very good guide for people who want to conduct qualitative research. Easy to read and with many tables to help. Perfect for people who are taking their first steps into this type of research.
on 5 May 2016
Bought this by accident but what a lucky move. Way ahead of other qualitative guides & full of useful info! Practical & lively and enjoyable to use - definately one of the best of its kind!
on 30 December 2015
Brilliant book for helping you understand how to carry out a thematic analysis
on 27 May 2015