- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Amistad Press; Reprint edition (1 Oct. 1992)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1567430023
- ISBN-13: 978-1567430028
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 2.5 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (8 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,020,876 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Succeeding Against the Odds Paperback – 1 Oct 1992
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the AuthorsDiscover books, learn about writers, and more.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
student at the time and in need of guidance. This book set the tone
for my success. It lifted me up in ways no other book has with
its true to life realism. Mr. Johnson is a true role model,
not only for people of African American decent but for all. As an African
American male it taught me just how much I need to be thankful for the
trials and tribulations my for fathers endured to allow me to do
what I am doing today. It let me know that I exist because of men
like Mr. Johnson who laid the ground work for me to become my own
success story and that even in today's world I have nothing to complain
about. I recomend this book highly and hope one day to meet Mr. Johnson
and thank him for giving me the right to dream.
he was a key stakeholder in breaking down prejudice in the publishing industry, which precluded minorities from equal and fair access to the publishing industry.
His tips on salesmanship and strategy are invaluable.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very nice book! Very inspiration, I really admired this guy, he worked so hard to get what he had accomplished. I like to read it again and again from time to time.Published 23 days ago by Parisienne
John Johnson is an inspirational individual dared to dream big and received the results. There is power in beleif. He's someone everyone should know and read about.Published on 13 Nov. 2012 by Adewole Ademolake
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > United States
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues > Cultural History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Biographies & Memoirs
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Business & Economic History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Job Hunting
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Motivation
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Reference & Education > Business Life
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences