Customer Discussions > Identity [DVD] forum

Subtitles on DVD's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Aug 2010 11:37:08 BDT
Can anyone explain to me why product descriptions do not, as a matter of course, include the info about whether the DVD has a subtitle track?

It's all very patchy. Sometimes the description will tell you, yes there are subtitles and sometimes it says there are none. Great. Infuriating when it's something I really want to see but at least I won't waste money by buying something that I can't, as a deaf person watch.

No, what is really infuriating is when the information is left out completely. Surely I'm not the only person to be affected by this.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2010 08:32:10 BDT
Absolutely agree with you.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Sep 2010 18:03:09 BDT
You are right. Amazon is very inefficient regarding subtitles. I don't buy many DVDs because they don't say whether there are subtitles or not. My reason is that I am foreign and it helps reading English subtitles.

Posted on 9 Sep 2010 17:06:32 BDT
Very-very old discussion, repeated again and again. Amazon doesn't care to inform us about subtitles. Three years ago I mailed them about this and they replied "thanks for asking, it is very important for us to know blah blah". Nothing changed. Six months ago I re-mailed them and a guy replied "you could always consult dvd-subtitles.com". Hehehe are they not funny?

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Sep 2010 17:19:27 BDT
Not even a little bit!
Frankly, I could not even see the relevance of the link.
Surely there must be some governing body or organisation that we can sleep with/appeal to to get some answers.
How hard can it be to put some subtitles on? Or even just say, "Sorry, there ARE NO subtitles."
Why are so few of the stand-up comedians' DVDs subtitled? I'm deaf - not devoid of a the love of a bit of a laugh.

Posted on 4 Jan 2011 19:07:47 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 4 Jan 2011 21:21:44 GMT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Identity [DVD] forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  6 Aug 2010
Latest post:  4 Jan 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Identity [DVD]
Identity [DVD] by Keeley Hawes (DVD - 2010)
3.6 out of 5 stars   (22)