Subtitles/Special features/Omitted scenes?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Feb 2009 07:51:28 GMT
MChen says:
Hi,

I have few questions regarding to the single disc version of this DVD and would be grateful if someone who owns this version of DVD can helps me out.

1) Does this DVD have English subtitles?

2) Seeing from the product page, this version of DVD seems to include "Special Features" such as:

-Sing-a-long option
-Feature commentary with director Phyllida Lloyd
-Behind-the-scenes look at the making of Mamma Mia!
-The 'Gimme Gimme Gimme' music video
-Deleted scenes, including the deleted musical number 'Name of the Game'

Can anyone confirm whether this is true?

3) One of the viewers, Mike, posted a question at "Customer Reviews" on Nov. 25, 2008 regarding to whether the DVD has been cut. According to the viewer, these few scenes listed below seem to be omitted from the DVD:

-Pierce Brosnan singing "SOS"
- Julie Walters has the Swedish guy tied up in "Take a Chance on Me"
-the three leading men playing saxophones in the end

Are these scenes really excluded from the DVD?

I have been thinking about buying this DVD for many months now, but did not do so as I could not have these aforementioned questions answered after searching online for many hours. I would be grateful if someone who owns this version of DVD can provide me with these answers. Thanks in advance!

Posted on 11 Mar 2009 10:06:47 GMT
B. Berridge says:
I need subtitles with any DVD so please let us know if they are available on any version. That you have subtitles on the above heading suggests somewhere we should find that information.

Posted on 26 Mar 2009 15:22:14 GMT
Vibeke says:
vibeke lund says:
It would be big advantages if subbtitles always were mentioned together vith all dvd's, so we do not buy the cat in the sack.

Posted on 9 May 2009 09:10:42 BDT
My wife, who has severe a hearing impairment, cannot view any film, TV progamme, video or DVD that does not have SUBTITLES. Please, Amazon: STATE CLEARLY WHETHER EACH DVD YOU MARKET HAS SUBTITLES. At present, I am unable to purchase any DVD from you that does not have this information.

I cannot believe that my wife is an isolated case. Amazon is my first port of call for any internet bought item; the result is that, for want of an easily available piece of information, you are losing our custom. At present, we are forced to buy from a high street retail outlet at an inflated price.

Please think about what I have written and take this opportunity to enhance your already good reputation as a reliable, trusted concern.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  19 Feb 2009
Latest post:  9 May 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mamma Mia! The Movie [DVD] [2008]
Mamma Mia! The Movie [DVD] [2008] by Meryl Streep (DVD - 2008)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (1,056)