Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Dec 2008 06:34:43 GMT
Dijon says:
Could somebody please advise what languages and subtitles are available on the boxed complete series set. Thank you

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Dec 2008 19:46:05 GMT
zoolander says:
Subtitles vary per season.

Audio in french and english.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2008 19:03:28 GMT
stinky_toy says:
I haven't checked, but according to what's written on the box :
Languages :
-English (5.1 Dolby Digital)
-French (2.0 Dolby Surround)

Hearing impaired : English

Subtitles : English, French, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Portuguese, Swedish.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jan 2009 23:06:19 GMT
jussi says:
Do all the seasons have Finnish subtitles?

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jan 2009 12:52:40 GMT
zoolander says:
I've checked season 2, 3, 4 and 5 and they have finnish subtitles. I have loaned season 1 to a friend, so I can't comment on that, but I guees it will have finnish subtitles too.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jan 2009 06:47:47 GMT
Last edited by the author on 12 Jan 2009 06:49:04 GMT
jussi says:
Thanks mate! Soon I will spend many continuous hours on my sofa watching The Wire, muahhaa muahaha muahahaaa muah muah.......going insane.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jan 2009 12:50:33 GMT
Mr. Rj Dehn says:
what about spanish and/or portuguese?
do all five seasons have one or the other?
please help?

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Feb 2009 22:18:20 GMT
Portuguese, yes. Spanish, I didn't noticed. Tomorrow I'll give you that information (I have to check the box again).

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2009 08:10:09 GMT
Ribus says:
Thank´s from Spain of my part, too...
;)

Posted on 13 Apr 2009 18:46:12 BDT
A. Gonzalez says:
Please help. Does the complete "The Wire" box (5 seasons) have subtitles in spanish? Thanks.

Posted on 5 May 2009 01:17:19 BDT
Yes, I would like to know if there are spanish subtitles too!

Posted on 29 May 2009 21:22:56 BDT
are there danish subtitles ?

Posted on 22 Jun 2009 20:56:09 BDT
P. T'jaeckx says:
Could someone tell me that all seasons have Dutch subtitles please?

Posted on 6 Jul 2009 18:00:24 BDT
Luis Pereira says:
Hi! Could I know if all seasons have portuguese subtitles? Thank you

Posted on 30 Nov 2009 21:54:54 GMT
Dennis says:
I just ordered this box from Amazon. It's probably to late for all you above about the subtitles but I will come back in a week or so and write which season contains which subtitle language. I would like to know myself (Swedish) but I'll survive if it isn't there. As long there is English subtitles I'll manage :)

Posted on 16 Dec 2009 22:16:31 GMT
Dennis says:
Sorry for not replying erlier.. actually forgot about my promise ;)

I have checked both the case of each season and gone through a couple of discs in each season to verify that it is the correct information (and the boxes do match up with the acutal content)

here we go:

Season 1:
Language: English, French, English for hearing impaired
Subtitles: English, French, Dutch, Arabic, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Norweigan, Portugese, Romanian, Swedish

Season 2:
Subtitles: English, French, Dutch, Arabic, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Norweigan, Portugese, Swedish

Season 3:
Subtitles: English, French, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Norweigan, Portugese, Swedish

Season 4:
Subtitles: English, French, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Norweigan, Portugese, Swedish

Season 5:

I'll ad the runtime of each season aswell:

Season 1: 775 min = 13 episodes
Season 2: 703 min = 12 episodes
Season 3: 703 min = 12 episodes
Season 4: 780 min = 13 episodes
Season 5: 622 min = 10 episodes

Hope it will help somone in the future!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2010 19:05:19 GMT
J. Huizenga says:
very much so, thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jan 2010 22:23:04 GMT
E. Pereda says:
does any body knows why spanish sustitles are never included? not here, not in Sopranos or other HBO series I have checked...

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jan 2010 23:47:14 GMT
P. Paramio says:
Because Spanish distributors have the exclusivity for the dubbing and Spanish subtitles so they can charge us €250 for the 5 seasons...

what a shame

Posted on 2 Mar 2010 04:03:01 GMT
S. Diamantis says:
English
French
Dutch
Finnish
Greek
Hungarian
Norweigan
Portugese
Swedish

these languages appear in EVERY OF THE 5 SERIES,IF YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE IS ONE OF THESE congratulations you are one lucky bastard

best tv show-best money i will ever spent on a tv show-boxset.

Posted on 26 Oct 2011 17:15:29 BDT
Kaan Sensoy says:
I'm Turkish, but I know English like native language so I'm saved, too. :D

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2011 08:12:09 GMT
Claus Hansen says:
Doesnt' it have Danish subtitles ?

Posted on 11 Dec 2013 13:27:29 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Dec 2013 13:34:38 GMT
Martel says:
So French language and french subtitles are available but on description(and on a photo), we can see "subtitles: English" and "Hearing impaired: French"..

My question is to know if subtitles is the same thing hearing impaired(subtitles=hearing impaired)?

For me it's the same thing and kaan sensoy's photo, there is a description(from Kaan?) who confirm my opinion

Thx.

Posted on 11 Dec 2013 14:54:45 GMT
Dennis says:
There is two separate questions.

Hearing impaired implies/means that there are extra explanation in the subtitles for people with hearing disabilities (deaf people for example). So you have information like 'music playing ', 'heavy breathing ' etc so those people can understand what noises are in the scene (since they can't hear it properly).

When it comes to your French language question. There are French subtitles on every disc/season according to the box. When I look at the individual cases it says French dub/language as well. So you can have it either way you want when you watch the show. But there are no French subtitles for the hearing impaired.

And believe me, it's one of the most amazing shows you'll come around and see! It's amazing! :)

And sorry if I misspelled anything. I'm swedish :P

Posted on 11 Dec 2013 17:28:19 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Dec 2013 17:35:14 GMT
Martel says:
I'm french and my english isn't good so you're perfect, thanks. :-)

So hearing impaired is more explicative than simple subtitles. There is an error on description and a photo even if this is not very serious.

And yes the show is wonderfull and it's my favorite TV Series. And this complet box is simple but pretty cool, more than the seasons one by one. I like the US version but she is not be viewable in Europe. And french integrale is not good.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  20
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  25 Dec 2008
Latest post:  11 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about