Customer Discussions > Night Watch [DVD] forum

Subtitle issues

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Nov 2007 12:18:04 GMT
one of the guys who reviewed this film had the same issue as me - the subtitles. Admittedly I watched this film late at night and tipsy, but I could only get the subtitles for the hearing impaired to come up, not the cool, proper english subtitles.

As such I had not only the words in subtitle, but also things like (PHONE RINGS) etc

I rented the DVD, but if someone could give me pointers on how to get the titles working properly I might watch it again.

rob
P.S. I know it's a cliche but I just finished the first book and it makes WAY more sense than the film

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Nov 2007 16:45:55 GMT
M. Anstice says:
Think that you may have made the same mistake that i made. There are two versions of the film. One that is in russian language only and has the cool subtitles, one that has russian and english dubbed language, without the cool subtitles. I bought the latter. Good call on the book by the way!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Nov 2007 15:58:00 GMT
right - after investigation I now know and have purchased the correct version.

Buy the two disc special edition with the fella with the sunglasses and the two blokes fighting on the front cover. Then watch the original theatrical version on disc 2. Proper subtitles, bingo! makes a real difference.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Sep 2008 22:02:21 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Sep 2008 22:05:18 BDT
Moviefanatic says:
I know it's been awhile since the last post but I'll try... I bought this 2-DVD Special Edition, put disc 2 in my DVD player - and nothing... There are no animated subtitles. I tried for more than an hour - no luck. I cannot believe this. I have two other versions of this movie - the funny thing is that I don't need subtitles to understand the movie - I speak Russian - I just wanted to experience these animated subtitles that evebody is so excited about... Can someone help? It might also be a defective batch, even though it states on the DVD jacket that it contains a theatrical version.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Night Watch [DVD] forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  5 Nov 2007
Latest post:  24 Sep 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Night Watch [DVD]
Night Watch [DVD] by Konstantin Khabensky (DVD - 2006)
3.5 out of 5 stars   (72)