Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Up to 70% off Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Sep 2013 15:07:33 BDT
Being primarily an online game - will this game require a subscription ( like WoW etc)?

Posted on 2 Sep 2013 13:07:53 BDT
S. Pearce says:
sorry to say that some info has come to light that it going to be £8.99 a month subscription and also game will have microtransactions this info comes from ps3trophies.org .http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-10887-The-Elder-Scrolls-Online-Will-Feature-Microtransactions.html

Posted on 2 Feb 2014 18:50:37 GMT
wow. i was gonna give this a go if it wasn't subscription-based.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 09:49:44 GMT
WellMax81 says:
There will be a subscription, but there WONT be micro transactions.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Feb 2014 18:32:44 GMT
Runeweaver says:
Perhaps you can provide a link that says no micro transactions,because every website i check says yes they are having a cash shop ingame,to buy ingame items and services.

http://www.geek.com/games/elder-scrolls-online-to-add-microtransactions-on-top-of-subscription-1568353/

http://www.elderscrollsonlinestrategy.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-to-feature-in-game-store-with-microtransactions/

http://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/3344647/the-elder-scrolls-online-will-offer-an-item-store-for-fun-stuff-and-services

As S Pearce says there is subscription fee and microtransactions.

Posted on 24 Feb 2014 11:20:45 GMT
Ade Davey says:
I would have liked to have given this a go but there is no way in hell I'm paying a subscription after forking out the best part of 50 quid especially seeing as nowadays we have to pay £40 for the Playstation Plus subscription.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Feb 2014 21:36:42 GMT
Runeweaver says:
If the game dosnt do well in the first year,there is always a chance it will go free to play later, Star wars the old republic was failing as a subscription based game but since going F2P they have increased their income and are now making a profit instead of a major loss.

Personally i have no problem with subscription based games, but having microtransactions as well isnt a good starting position,just means they are being greedy and will spend alot of time creating items for the ingame shop and less on items gained from quests and drops.

Posted on 7 Mar 2014 13:16:58 GMT
-- says:
"Once players purchase the game, they will have unlimited access for the first 30 days and can continue beyond that with a subscription of $14.99/30 days (€12.99 / £8.99). The first 30 days begin at or after the official launch of the game when players select their preferred subscription plan. Subscription fees will only be charged after the first 30 days."

good luck getting players in there.. with titles like Warframe being completely cost free w/o subscription and without even a purchase cost this model ist outdated.. =) so I will definitly wait until its for free.. und if its not, i wont play .. or on a shard..

Posted on 11 Mar 2014 13:14:04 GMT
Steve Miller says:
Why isn't there any mention of subscription charges in the product information. Seems like a pretty big part to 'miss' out.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Mar 2014 20:29:56 GMT
Last edited by the author on 26 Mar 2014 20:31:18 GMT
From help.elderscrollsonline.com:

Q: What payment model will The Elder Scrolls Online use?

A: Globally, we support multiple payment options. Players must purchase The Elder Scrolls Online in order to play it. They will have unlimited access for the first 30 days following activation and can continue beyond that with a subscription of $14.99/month (€12.99 / £8.99).

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Mar 2014 20:58:22 GMT
Same here... with a fulltime job, a busy social life and a family to care for, I don't get that much time to play these games. Certainly not enough to get value out of a £8.99/month subscription.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Mar 2014 21:00:03 GMT
"Star wars the old republic was failing as a subscription based game but since going F2P they have increased their income and are now making a profit instead of a major loss."

Where do they make that profit from, once the game is F2P? Is it only from new game sales, micro transactions, or something else?

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Mar 2014 21:01:08 GMT
"Why isn't there any mention of subscription charges in the product information. Seems like a pretty big part to 'miss' out."

I think the subscription amount has only recently been finalised, but with only a couple of months to go, Amazon should really display this now.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Apr 2014 23:27:28 BDT
Matt says:
Advertising.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  1 Sep 2013
Latest post:  1 Apr 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about