The third edition of this well-respected guide will help students of all subjects to write more clearly and more effectively, with valuable advice on how to:
- make good notes
- find information, cite sources and list references
- write better coursework assignments
- achieve higher grades in tests and examinations
- prepare a well-organised dissertation, long essay, term paper, project report or thesis
- write effective letters and applications.
Written by an esteemed author with many years of experience of helping students improve key writing skills, this text also includes straightforward guidance on word choice and the new challenges and opportunities afforded by the use of computers. Exercises are also provided for students to put the theories into practice, either individually or in group work.