on 14 January 2013
I've recently taken the exam for this module, relying quite heavily on this book. This is my favourite textbook, alongside the physics equivalent from Collin's. This book is extremely concise, much better than the books I was given by my college. You'll quickly find that all of the information is very easy to find and isn't watered down by useless information. It is clearly laid out into clear sectons, telling you exactly what you need to know and nothing else. Great for revision!

HOWEVER

You might also notice that this is the 2008 spec. This means that it does contain a few parts that you don't need to know, for example 'energy transfer boxes' on page 26 has since been removed. I'm not sure if there's anything missing from it that's in the current spec, but none the less this book still played a crucial part in my revision.

In case it helps, I'm going on to study Biology at Leicester next year, assuming my exams continue to go well this year.

4 stars, would have been 5 if the spec was up to date!
on 6 October 2011
I have been using these books since last year ,and i must say they are simply amazing ,they follow my spec in order ,good for last min revision cover every point ,and has exam questions at the end !! would recommend it to every student who does physics bio or chem !!! megaaa useful
Get it now !!!
on 4 April 2011
This book is brilliant for anyone studying the AQA biology course. It is brief and sums things up nicely. The questions are useful too. It should however only be used for revision along side the actual course textbook and students own notes.
on 29 March 2013
Excellent revision book very consice, good summary of what needs to be learnt also full colour diagrams are very useful, highly recommended by an A* student
on 15 March 2013
helps with understanding the main books.
wanted to revisit my earlier studies.
Like to keep up to date with what I enjoy studying
on 30 May 2013
This book was just what I needed. It arrived quickly which was good as I had previously, by mistake, ordered the wrong Unit.
on 28 February 2013
Got here quickly, exactly what I wanted, book in great condition. Good value as I am a student, brand new ones are a fortune
on 18 September 2013
great book for revision purposes as my son can make notes in the book which will be good for exams.
on 7 May 2015
Really good supplementary book for A2!
on 24 March 2012
I found this book incredibly helpful when it came to learning the unit content and revising for the exam. It breaks everything down in line with the syllabus (so you know that you're learning everything you need to). It has a great layout and everything is simple to follow. It also contains some exam questions with answers as well as a glossary. If you're studying AQA Biology at A-Level then this book is essential for Unit 4! I wish I had had the Unit 1 and 2 books when studying for those exams because I know that they would have helped!

(Unit 5 - Like the books for the previous units, this book is an essential companion and is extremely useful for revision. However, I have found that the Unit 5 book is a little vague on part of the DNA topic - so it's important that you read the official AQA textbook as well, to make sure you don't miss anything.)