Format: DVD|Change

on 4 June 2009
Charming family fantasy featuring the vocal talents of Michael J Fox as an orphaned mouse who is adopted by a human family.
Despised by the family cat, resented by his lonely `brother' George, and shunned by his new relatives; Stuart sets out to prove himself worthy of the Little name, and this live-action film with an animated star demonstrates how far the industry has come in terms of special effects.

The film has two parts - seemingly ending happily after Stuart enables George to win the annual New York City model boat race; Stuart's parents then arrive to reclaim him and a whole new adventure begins.

With a sequel also available on DVD, and a projected third Stuart Little movie in the pipeline; this fun and fluffy tale is perfect for kids, and great - if slightly cloying - for parents. The DVD is good value for money as it has numerous extras including a fascinating behind the scenes making-of.
on 8 February 2001
To be honest, I really wasn't to keen on watching this film but I sat down at Christmas and watched it with the family and I couldn't believe what a great film it was.
The mouse and the cats really did it for this film and the way it was put together is great. I recommend Stuart Little to anyone of age.
In one word ....... FANTASTIC !!!!!
It's a bit ridiculous even for children when the Littles adopt a mouse instead of another human orphan when there are none available, it stretches the bounds of credibility when the reaction of Geena Davies and Hugh Laurie to Stuart is little more than surprise rather than outright wonder and shock at the sight of a talking humanised mouse - if that had been their reaction the film would have had a lot more credibility and appeal. I think even children would be thinking , if not saying for fear of upsetting their PC parents, come on " give us a break ", children are a lot more savvy than we give them credit for - this film really only appeals to children younger than 4, older ones tend to be more cynical than we think !!
on 20 November 2012
I remember back in the day (1999) when my dad brought me to the cinema to see this film. On a personal note, both he and my mam were in the process of a bitter breakup, and that's no joke! Anyhow, I find that quite ironic as I begin to write this review. That's simply because, Stuart Little, as a film, attempts to get the message across that family is so important in any child's life (even if they are a mouse!) and so family should always stick together.

The plot focuses on Stuart, a mouse who is taken from a New York City orphanage by Mr. and Mrs. Little, played brilliantly by Hugh Laurie and Geena Davis, respectively. Stuart is now part of the Little family, consisting of George and Snowbell, the cat. The result of all of this is a nice comedy with some very funny moments, some rather sad moments that 'will' bring a tear to your eye (does for me, every time!) and finally a very important life message that kids and adults should easily grasp!

There's also a great cast of characters within the film. I say this particularly in relation to the 'animal characters', especially Snowbell. Get ready to really laugh out loud at some of his moments - priceless!

Overall, I think that Stuart Little is a must-see film for kids and adults alike. In all seriousness, it never fails to bring a tear to my eye, some 13 years after its original release. That, to me, really is something.

Buy it. Money well and truly spent here!!
on 28 December 2000
Old a young alike will thrill to the japes and capers of Stuart Little and his feline 'friends'. The story, animation (especailly on the cat's mouths when they talk is amazing) and feel all work brilliantly. If you like your movies slick, funny and not too long - have a bash at this. One slight downside - Hugh Laurie's American accent...why?Put Against A Bugs Life, Toy Story etc this rates up there with them. Enjoy!
on 8 September 2000
THE FILM IS A REAL FEEL GOOD MOVIE FOR FAMILY MEMBERS OFALL AGES,DVD IS OF GOOD SOUND QUALITY,HAS SIMPLE EASY TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS EVEN MY 8YR OLD SISTER FOUND IT EASY AND FUN TO USE.THE DIGITALLY ANIMATED OUT TAKES WERE FUNNY AND MADE THE FILM EVEN MORE REAL!DEFINATELY RECOMMEND IT TO MY FRIENDS YOUNG+OLD!
on 16 October 2001
I bought this video last Christmas for my 2 children - a 5 yr old girl and 3 yr old boy. I was expecting a short lived interest but I couldn't have been more wrong. It seems to cover all age groups and is one of the few films they will both sit and watch together. Nearly a year later they still ask to watch it on a regular basis - their favourite line being "A mouse with a pet cat!" It is an enchanting and funny film with some wonderful lines and brilliant special effects. Although aimed at children, I must admit to my husband and I sneakily watching it as well (let's just say we are over 40!)
on 22 October 2003
This is a fantastic DVD! The film is a children's classic - great acting, and humour that works equally well for adults (which is important if you're going to have to watch it 30 times!). The story is simple, and there is a good blend of action, slapstick and witty dialogue. What sets the DVD apart is the additional content - music, games, interactive insights into the animator's art and commentary - all of which is of a high quality and genuinely interesting to (my) children.
on 3 January 2013
A really cute little mouse is adopted by a family and start a new life with a mother, father and even a little brother. But he finds some perils in his way, especially the jealous Snowbell (the family's cat). Curious premise is developed with some sharpness until the first half hour but the movie goes adrift after, with predictable, sentimental and unfunny situations. For the kids, a good fun but adults will yawn at some point.
on 19 March 2001
From Grace Williams aged seven
The first time I saw it I thought it was brilliant. When I saw it second time, it was just as good. My dad brought it for me at Christmas and I kept watching it all the time and I really loved the part when George said to Stuart "What does it look like... Pickled Head" and I loved when Snowbell said "Read my furry pink lips" I love the music; you have just got to see it.