Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Shop Suki Ad Campaign Pieces Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Discover more Shop now

Cassandra Burdette is trying to make it into the LPGA tour by completing qualifying school, an entry tournament. But just before she leaves, she finds the body of a shrink. Kaitlan Rupert, a local golfer also trying to qualify, was regularly visiting the victim and had recently begun to remember abuse suffered as a child because of her sessions with this shrink. Cassie is able to talk her way out of town even though she’s a material witness to the investigation, but then finds herself checking in with a cop who thinks she really killed the guy. Meanwhile, an old boyfriend starts popping up in her life again. And Kaitlan’s brother seems interested as well. All this is going to make it very hard to concentrate on the golf tournament.
I enjoyed the book in spite of itself. I had the killer pegged early, and saw several plot points coming before they happened. Given the setting of the story, the book spends a good deal of time on the golf tournament. I'm not a sport person, but I was drawn into those scenes and found them as entertaining as the mystery itself. What redeemed this book the most for me was the characters. Cassie and her two friends Laura and Joe are quite likeable, and it’s very easy to root for them.
This book is enjoyable, but it’s not what it could have been. I’m looking forward to reading more and hope the author improves the mystery aspect.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again