- Between 20-26 October 2014, spend £10 in a single order on item(s) dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk and receive a £2 promotional code to spend in the Amazon Appstore. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- A street corner in Harlem, 1940.
- Notting Hill Gate, London 1958.
- Greenwich Village, New York, 1960.
- Outside the Ace Cafe, North Circular Road, London, 1962.
- Downtown, Kingston, Jamaica, 1963.
- Carnaby Street, London, 1964.
- The beach at La Jolla, California, 1966.
- The Haight-Ashbury District, San Francisco, 1967.
- World's End, the King's Road, London, 1976.
- A street party in the South Bronx, 1977.
- Brixton, South London, 1994.
- The back streets of Harajuku, Tokyo, 2000
Auspicious moments. The art of being at the right place at the right time. Just hanging around. Looking sharp. All dressed up and nowhere to go. Doing nothing in particular. Making history. Expanded and updated, this new edition of the book on the subject of streetstyle takes this vital, always exciting aspect of popular culture from its origins in the mid-20th century right into today's 21st century supermarket of style.
More than just a history of streetstyle, Ted Polhemus' now updated classic shows how what we wore always pin-pointed the spirit and essence of each era.